The “Holy Grail” of Raider helmets

ArchangelDM

Weird because the cammo was sold to Dean for $1500 by the UK dealer.

Like I said to several in PMs yesterday.

Story dosnt add up pricewise.

Owen whether or not you want to believe the story etc etc why dont you wait till its in hand.

Also I would like private messages to stay private thanks

Not sure if this helps much, but I looked at the helmet at the Mack. The seller claimed both the Raider and 29er came from the same old time collector. They both had white paint on the liner with the words "Marine Raider" and "29th Division" written on them. He wanted $2,800.00 for the Raider and $1,700.00 for the 29er which is by no means cheap. The liner in the Raider is a Hood Rubber and the 29er had a worn Hawley. I really didn't scrutinize the helmets much because they were out of my price range. They both seemed like they came from the same place/collection. I'm by no means making a claim either way, just letting you know what I saw. Maybe tying them together will help in the decision process.

That is correct Pudgy

They came from the same seller in the US, Both helmets.

Once again - I am standing by this one

- Dean

You mean gloating to me about what you payed for it stating it should have been five thousand ?

Hey O

I think you mean boasting - gloating is too look at something.

Look I know your hung up on price and the 3rd party seller, but your not allowing any close up pics of the helmet to come forward.

Last night you emailed me saying you had my back in a way etc and now its like I have to defend what Ive bought every other message.

Look its very simple,

I if anything have everything to gain and nothing to loose, I bought a helmet at an incredible price.

IMHO the helmet looks legit and correct, be it that that is my opinion and also others who have PMd me.

IF the helmet when I get back home in a few weeks is NOT legit and I feel its not correct I send it back and get my money back, its that simple.

I will defend the item untill Im proven wrong, and I have it in hand.

Thats really all there is too say about it, the pics look good and if some of the points a member has brought up point to it not being correct then that will be documented on here.

It will go either way, yes it looks to be correct or no it looks to be forged.

Either way it will help this forum and its members look at these helmets in the future in a brighter light, we will all be more educated on them.

Win win

No one gets hurt, everybody learns a little and I get my money back.

- Dean

It appears to me a Chemistry and Archaeology degree might be required in today's world to collect helmets.

Kurt

Very true,

Also very think skin

I am not hung up on the seller.

You were informed of his track record because you obviously did NOT do your homework on him.

Buying a rare helmet for a bargan falls into the "i wish it to be true " corner of collecting.

Thats dangerous.

A member posted what he saw it for sale at the show.

You told me what you payed.

Way lower than askeing price.

That means the helmet was bought for a bargan price as the UK dealer made money on it selling it to you.

The US seller got rid of his JUNK......again an old US collector term for repo as fast as a foreign dealer offered him something he could live with.

But you posted the lid and here we go.

Blind faith on your part.

The other helmet also is questionable.

It appears to me a Chemistry and Archaeology degree might be required in today's world to collect helmets.

Kurt

Look at German helmets.

This is mere childs play.

I do have a question that is sort of related to this topic. I thought I read where Hood Rubber liners didn't see combat. Most never left the country. Is that true? Hopefully Scott, Doyler or Mikey will chime in on that question.

I am not hung up on the seller.

You were informed of his track record because you obviously did NOT do your homework on him.

Buying a rare helmet for a bargan falls into the "i wish it to be true " corner of collecting.

Thats dangerous.

A member posted what he saw it for sale at the show.

You told me what you payed.

Way lower than askeing price.

That means the helmet was bought for a bargan price as the UK dealer made money on it selling it to you.

The US seller got rid of his JUNK......again an old US collector term for repo as fast as a foreign dealer offered him something he could live with.

But you posted the lid and here we go.

Blind faith on your part.

The other helmet also is questionable.

With regards to the seller I dont know his past on other items.

Listen this will sound silly but once again lets wait for the pics, everybody has heard your opinion on this as every comment reads the same.

Seller, price, blind faith, not my day, Junk, collector term,

Etc etc etc

I get it, thats how you feel as a-posed to thats clearly whats wrong with the helmet. Someone made some comments which will be checked out, but it still does not hurt me none by checking out what could be a great find. It would be folly not to check it in hand would it not ?

Your a friend and I would like to keep this too the actual evidence of the actual helmet pics when they arrive if possibly, then we can all comment.

Prices paid and thoughts on how it was sold still dont disprove a helmet, Im sorry it just doesnt.

Good pics, and actual detective work will win the day.

Which Everyone will be shown happily.

I know you have my best interests at heart as we all should as collectors

Thanks again

- Dean

Dean ,

Stop being a baby

You set yourself up for a fun thread about this repoduction helmet.

Take it like a man.

owen

No need to get personal O its just a fun thread brother

Kurt

Either that, or rose colored glasses a complete suspension of disbelief.

Here are some questions that might help.

Did the seller have a table?

Was the seller walking around?

Did anyone recognize the seller?

How old was the seller ?

Four very rare Raider helmets appear at once.

They all look like the same artist made them.

But they don’t look like they are almost 80 years old whether in a garage or show case.

I wonder if the 29th helmet is good?

I wonder if it’s who I think it is?

Is there a link to the video?

from post #65

This latest helmet was brought back from the Max show by the UK dealer Regimentals.

Its in the video link below.