Info on M1967 M14 magazine pouches

nam cat

I'm looking for some info on the (army) M1967 M14 magazine pouches for a report.

I have seen them but haven't found any info on them being issued.

I'm thought the USMC used them but I have found they developed there own without the grenade carriers and support strap (to the suspenders) as part of their own M1967 gear....

Can anyone help?

Cool, thanks for that given me enough info for now.....

The pouches I'm looking for info on are these:

M14%20OD%20DOUBLE%20MAG%20POUCH.jpg

From charleys surplus

I'm sure I've seen them pop up on ebay now and then

these are M67..."ACCTUALLY a M69 product"..M16 30rd pouches rarelly used in nam in small numbers...practically you can also use them for M14 mags and it works , but they are not marked as such

these are M67..."ACCTUALLY a M69 product"..M16 30rd pouches rarelly used in nam in small numbers...practically you can also use them for M14 mags and it works , but they are not marked as such

To be fair it ain't a great pic and this is the closest example to the items I'm looking for info on, but they look to short to be 30 round mag pouchs, plus the site states:

"Double Mag pouch with divider curtain to prevent mags from touching"

which the 30 round pouches didn't have (mine didn't)

here is a picture of mine m16 nam pouches,20 round pouch and 30 round pouch

Yeah from that you can see the difference in lenght of the pouches from the pic I posted and the 30 rounder's on Ken set....

( Nice set of M1967 BTW thumbsup.gif )

Yeah from that you can see the difference in lenght of the pouches from the pic I posted and the 30 rounder's on Ken set....

( Nice set of M1967 BTW thumbsup.gif )

the pic you posted are correct M67 30rd pouches & they are deep enough for M16E1 30rd mags...simply the ones in your pic are empty of mags & they look pissed off...these pouches dont have internal dividers like the ALICE pouch...if they do have dividers then is a korean made commercial copy..there is no other M67 30rd pouch...it was only one model...this one...and they all seem to be maded in 1969...the short M67 20rd pouches produced in larger numbers than the 30rd version..

if they do have dividers then is a korean made commercial copy..

That makes sense, would explain why the proportions of the pouch look off, too.....

I found the bit off the other thead that answers my question:

In the same manual we can see also a large pouch to the same dimensions as the older M1956 probably made for M14 magazines-later this droped as the M14 was no longer the standard service rifle & decided to make 2 different pouches the 20rd short & the 30rd long M16E1

Thanks for your help.

From the other post:

There were M-1967 MLCE M14 small arms ammunition cases produced [whether in large numbers I have no clue] that were the same as pictured in the 1970 hot weather manual. I doubt the US government would go as far as assigning a FSN to item that was just a "prototype". Here is the info directly from the DLA for FSN 8465-141-0928 [the FSN assigned to the M14 nylon small arms ammunition case - not the M14 nylon ammunition magazine pocket]:

NIIN 001410928: CASE,SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION

ATTACHMENT METHOD: SLIDE LOCK KEEPER AND

ATTACHMENT METHOD: STRAP W/SNAP HOOK

SECURING DEVICE TYPE: SPRING ACTION QUICK RELEASE LATCH

SHADE SOURCE: US ARMY

SHADE IDENTIFICATION: 106

HAND GRENADE ATTACHING FEATURE LOCATION: BOTH SIDES

FLAP: INCLUDED

SPECIAL FEATURES: PLASTIC SECURING DEVICE,W/STRAPS FOR ATTACHING HAND GRENADES,ACCOMMODATES 20 RD MAGAZINE FOR M14 RIFLE

COLOR: GREEN, OLIVE

MATERIAL: DUCK, NYLON

The military specification is MIL-C-43765, which shows to be a U.S. Army military specification for a "CASE, SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION, M.1967, (20 ROUND MAG., M.14 RIFLE)" and was cancelled on 31 March 1975.

The ones seen on ePay and Schreck Wholesale [who own Charley's Surplus] are very bad repros. But they give the general idea of what the case looks like.

The other ammunition magazine pocket [FSN 8465-860-0259] - without the grenade straps and suspender attachment - are actually U.S. Navy contract items - not USMC. Craig had a few of the experimental USMC M-1967 magazine cases and they do not resemble the Army or Navy M14 cases.

• 1 month later...
They appear to be reproductions of the M-1967 small arms ammunition cases for M14 cartridge magazines.

reproduction of M14 ammo cases!!!!! i think i'm getting too old or i missed something along the years...there is a big BOOM ...alot of interest on some strange little used vietnam era items that nobody was interested just few years back...i'm still awaiting for the korean war items to gain a little reputation after 60 long years but nothing yet!!! w00t.gif some items 20 or 30 years jounger than the korea ones are much more collectible...is the strange war of militaria... think.gif seems that the american military history from WWII bypassed & ignored korean war *as never existed*!!! and went straight to vietnam & gulf wars :blink:

...i'm still awaiting for the korean war items to gain a little reputation after 60 long years but nothing yet!!!

I completely agree with you coolman. But, sadly...and I am NOT directing the next comment towards the majority of board members...until there is a Saving Private Ryan or Band Of Brothers set during the Korean War it seems to remain, truly, "the forgotten war".

• 4 weeks later...
They appear to be reproductions of the M-1967 small arms ammunition cases for M14 cartridge magazines.

Hi, my name is BOB , new to the forum, always a military collector. was reading this about the pouches, I just got 4 - pouches like these , all nos. a friend of mine just got out of the air force & had these pouches for the m-21 rifles, he got these about 2004 or 5 ? from base supply . a batch came from navy supply. as they were the only one to have any. hope this helped some. maked in flap. m-14 rifle , DSA 100 4597 , 8465 382 6939 . metal clips marked FB . the u.s. on 2 are larger then the other 2 . will try to send a few pictures. BOB

post-5935-1238017847.jpg

craig_pickrall

Welcome to the forum. That is a great first post. It should help clean up some questions.

curious, is the difference between those and the ALICE M16 pouches the dividing strips or whatever? nice pouches :) just dont really see any other differences from the ALICE M16 30rd pouches

post-5935-1238039068.jpgpost-5935-1238039068.jpg

curious, is the difference between those and the ALICE M16 pouches the dividing strips or whatever? nice pouches :) just dont really see any other differences from the ALICE M16 30rd pouches

Hi camo. took a picture of the pouche w/ 1 mag in it to show you the divider , i don't have any 16 pouches handy, will try to find one & measure it to these m-14 pouches. Bob

My reason to believe these pouches are aftermarket is the grenade attachments and suspender attachment. No USGI pouches have had grenade pouches like that since the 30 round M1967 pouches. The webbing coming out of the top is also a remnant of the M1967 pouches. The other thing that is kind of strange is the fact that these are from 2004-2005. Why would an ALICE M14 pouch be made so recently. All of the recently made ALICE pouches are used for training. I am not saying these are for sure phony, but there have been pouches made with NSNs printed on them that aren't USGI. Also, supply can ordered items from whomever and issue them to soldiers. That might be what happened with these pouches. My unit did this with Tactical Tailor 40mm pouches. Does that make Tactical Tailor 40mm pouches USGI? Does anyone have any official documents for these?

Dustin

My reason to believe these pouches are aftermarket is the grenade attachments and suspender attachment. No USGI pouches have had grenade pouches like that since the 30 round M1967 pouches. The webbing coming out of the top is also a remnant of the M1967 pouches. The other thing that is kind of strange is the fact that these are from 2004-2005. Why would an ALICE M14 pouch be made so recently. All of the recently made ALICE pouches are used for training. I am not saying these are for sure phony, but there have been pouches made with NSNs printed on them that aren't USGI. Also, supply can ordered items from whomever and issue them to soldiers. That might be what happened with these pouches. My unit did this with Tactical Tailor 40mm pouches. Does that make Tactical Tailor 40mm pouches USGI? Does anyone have any official documents for these?

Dustin

Hi Pezboy, I'am just passing along the info from my friend that retired from the air force that had these pouches that I have , he [ got ] them from supply for the m-21 rifle in 2004 or 5 , I did not not say they were [MADE ] then, supply needed these pouches, only ones that had them was naval suppy. now where did they come from???? your guess is good as mine. BOB

Hi Camo , took a few pictures of m-16 30 rd. & m-14 pouches . hope this helps you some..Bob

Hi Camo , took a few pictures of m-16 30 rd. & m-14 pouches . hope this helps you some..Bob