M67 grenade

beerdragon54

Picked this up recently for cheap. Has me confused as the hole indicates a trainer but the color and stencil appeared ok. A reproduction or a trainer made to look like a real one?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaptainssurplus

Looks like it was orginally a real M69 trainer. Doesn't look like one of those chinese fakes. Yours is pretty rough condition and the paint job was done by someone.

Has the number 7 stamped in top and bottom. Compare to my M69 trainer the body is thicker and so is the neck that the fuze screws in.Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what to think. Looks cast, maybe for weight? M67 weighs 14 ounces w fuze. Lettering added, not right, painted, not inked. Stamped " 7" looks puzzling, not a cheap repro. My guess, a very early training grenade example or EOD training example. Lots of work in casting it to get the weight correct. My vote, original, early practice grenade....I have a few unissued, pristine practice grenades with both Vietnam era (FSN number inked- Pre1973) and later modern NSN numbers inked. I will weigh them out.

Kaptainssurplus

It sure is a cast fake, now with the new pics I can tell 100%. I have had 2 or 3 examples of these with the same cast number. It is an older fake, one of the better ones. I also have examples of every M69 variant made, I think there is 3 or 4 variants.