509 patch question

Phantomf4

Was wondering about this patch, I've had it for awhile now and was wondering if this is or if they make repo's of these. I think it translates to " tastes like chicken" is that right?

post-153748-0-66030100-1572811850.jpg

post-153748-0-47070100-1572811862.jpg

Can't vouch for the patch but I'd be willing to bet that the Latin does translate to "Tastes like chicken".

In an old Twilight Zone episode, aliens landed on earth and along with technology and other things given to us that made our life better, was a book titled "To Serve Man". All this was a means to convince humans that they were friendly and meant no harm. Most everyone was convinced and they started to offer rides in their spaceship to groups of humans to their planet. Meantime our best minds tried to decipher the alien text and only after the rides began, did they figure out it was a cookbook for serving up humans! I think that was the inspiration for the patches motto!

Can't vouch for the patch but I'd be willing to bet that the Latin does translate to "Tastes like chicken".

In an old Twilight Zone episode, aliens landed on earth and along with technology and other things given to us that made our life better, was a book titled "To Serve Man". All this was a means to convince humans that they were friendly and meant no harm. Most everyone was convinced and they started to offer rides in their spaceship to groups of humans to their planet. Meantime our best minds tried to decipher the alien text and only after the rides began, did they figure out it was a cookbook for serving up humans! I think that was the inspiration for the patches motto!

That was one creepy episode ending skio, I'll skip watching that one again :lol: .

:lol: :lol:

BgkvP-1542648855-1035-quizzes-to_serve_m

Well ptches, we solved that mystery.

That episode rates up at the top along with the one about the tank crew that went back in time to the Battle of The Little Big Horn and decided to try and help Custer even though the tank had broken down..

Read somewhere it's an unofficial patch that they used when training out west. Wikipedia shows it and gives a brief history of it.

This patch is one of two versions listed on page 113 of the book by Trevor Paglen titled "I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have To Be Destroyed By Me".

post-6880-0-56628300-1572830211_thumb.jpg