Survival Kit Oxygen Sysrem

RWW

Does anyone have any information on survival kit oxygen systems? Did anything other than the F-106 use a drop in module in the back of the survival kit? I am also looking for information and / or pictures of the personal leads block that was used with the oxygen system.

post-177224-0-33374500-1572660084_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind the 106 was flown wearing a full pressure suit. The bottles had to supply enough oxygen to the suit as well ae the pilot. I am not sure what the bottles on a B-58 looked like, but I am sure they were incorporated into the capsule and not a drop in set like these.

Found this pic online which pretty clearly shows location in the capsule

Not sure about "air bottle pressurization system".tho.

Maybe that's dedicated to other component(s) in the capsule and not the

oxygen for egress.

post-173754-0-55909800-1573609601_thumb.jpg

Yeah this setup is def designed for something with a pressure suit. Someone on ebay had one of the oxygen systems for the 58 capsule, was a larger setup similar to this I recall being for the whole capsule and a suit isn't worn in the 58. Had a robust looking regulator assembly. I was reading in a old AF Manual online that a special version of the CRU-8 was used for this CRK-27 called a CRU-28

Here is the diagram from a parts manual on the capsule. Its in the upper right shoulder area of the capsule where you can see the green apple and snorkel attachment in the other image AMT posted. You can make out the little O2 pressure gauge up there too. I remember seeing that triangular panel now on the part that was for sale. Wish I could find the actual pic from that auction. Was a interesting piece.

post-11373-0-78836000-1573618169_thumb.jpg