KW RANGER SCROLLS

JerseyDevil117

JerseyDevil117

What are your opinions on these.

I couldn't find anything on the 8th co, looks like its theater made?

the 13th ab looks korean made but according to Wikipedia the unit was stationed in Germany with the 43rd.

post-22027-0-94675900-1572636236_thumb.jpg

There is only one known 8th Army Ranger Co (8213 AU) scroll in a collection, and it is a readily apparent JM fully embr example.

40-50 years after Korea, the Korean War Rangers began to have copies of their patches made for reunions, to sell to association members, and many ended up in collector's hands, and may be seen on Ebay today.

If you are going to collect these, the least you can do is educate yourself as to how many Ranger companies existed during the Korean War, how many and which ones served in Korea (or were active in Japan), Germany, or attached to NG divs in the US. The 13th Ranger Inf Co (AB) was assigned to the 43rd ID, which was posted to Germany at the time. The example depicted appears to be VN made. Most of the units not assigned to Korea/Japan wore the black and gold RANGER tab over a white and blue AIRBORNE tab.

Since we are on the subject of KW Ranger fake insignia, the WW II blue and gold 2nd Ranger Bn diamond/lozenge shaped patches with numerals are ALL error or fake. Just like manufacturers made error patches in WW II (XVIII Armored Corps and the round fully embr WASP patches come to mind), the lozenge shaped patches exist w/ US made numerals (errors) and obvious Asian-added numerals (fakes).

JerseyDevil117

Thanks for the detailed response tredhed. Even on the forum I couldnt find much info on the scrolls. I probably going to dig deep when asmic comes back online.

Thanks for the detailed response tredhed. Even on the forum I couldnt find much info on the scrolls. I probably going to dig deep when asmic comes back online.

It is you need to use a search engine and type in www.asmic.org and sign in

You can also get the Keller's book on Rangers - WW II & Korean War

That goes for many of you reading this post - get yourself something you want for Christmas. The value of your collection is based on the resources you have, not what you have in your collection. Great insurance - buy the book, there are hundreds of pics depicting not only the insignia, but the insignia being worn. Carry the book around with you to shows or if you look at insignia online and you will learn and have more expertise.