Thoughts on this Green Beret

hink441

Just received this beret as part of an unrelated group. I know very little about these berets and was looking for opinions. I bought this on a hunch that it might be good but I just don't know. Here are some pics.

post-10825-0-13904900-1572561520_thumb.jpeg

Beret might be real. The flash is really doubtful. It looks like it has been artificially aged. It also looks oversised.

Thank you for all the comments. This beret came as a part of this group lot. I barely even noticed the beret in the pictures on eBay. I wish it had a name inside.

Chris

post-10825-0-93395100-1572611638_thumb.jpeg

Wow! Looking at the last photo, I would say that if this all came from one guy, he was a wannabe. Marine Force Recon and a Green Beret? Silver Star and an American Campaign, South Vietnamese PUC (VERY rarely awarded and only to really early VN units) throws up a lot of red flags.

As for the beret, it is almost like the German collectors and SS helmets. Everybody calls it a fake until one guy says it is good. Lord I hope the hobby doesn't go in that direction!

Allan

Yes Allan, I agree it really is an odd mix of items in the lot. Can't explain the ribbons. The hats and patches all look modern, but I took a chance on the lot because of the beret.

Chris

I would also like to add that this was purchased from a vintage clothing seller on eBay. It was not purchased from a militaria collector or dealer. Thanks for the opinions and comments.

Chris