This USCG Hospital Corpsman Rating - How can I tell the diff. from USN to USCG

stratasfan

I'd really like to get the rating that my Grampa wore during his career in the USCG. However, I need a little help on this one.

His Chief Hospital Corpsman rating sleeve patch---

How can I look this up and tell the difference between a USN one and a USCG one? Or is there a difference? Also, is the star above it part of it?

post-151812-0-71083800-1572551333_thumb.jpg

One other similar question . . . this other picture of him later, he is wearing a sleeve patch with the CG shield and the Caduses. How would I type this in online to look this patch up?

post-151812-0-95290400-1572551477_thumb.jpg

That senior chief hospitalcorpsman rating badge would be the same as the current day expensive USN gold rating badge as sold by Vanguard as the vanfine version. The dark navy blue warrant pharmacist cadeuseus would be found at Vanguard under sleeve devices and lace and the CG shield on melton cloth would be found under CG sleeve devices.

The difference between CG and USN rating badges is the 1976 change in background cloth color. Prior to 1976 the US Navy dark blue color was used. After 1976 the cloth color changed to the hideous shade of Maytag Repair Corps blue