Foreign awards on US Army uniforms

Here's an interesting picture I found in the "yearbook" of the 447th Bombardment Group (H). Note that he is wearing not only RAF wings, but the ribbons for the Military Cross, 19 14-15 Star, British War Medal, and Victory Medal with Mention In Dispatches oak leaf.

LTC Wilford Beaver, 447th BG.PNG

Jeff C.

USMF Member #2275

Ribbon Group.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ItemCo16527 said:

Here's an interesting picture I found in the "yearbook" of the 447th Bombardment Group (H). Note that he is wearing not only RAF wings, but the ribbons for the Military Cross, 19 14-15 Star, British War Medal, and Victory Medal with Mention In Dispatches oak leaf.

He's got a WIKI on him. was English born, immigrated to Canada,Canadian Army and later the RFC  in the Great War, immigrated to America after the war, we guess as a member of an Allied Army in the Great War he was allowed to wear his stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Beaver

2 hours ago, ItemCo16527 said:

Here's an interesting picture I found in the "yearbook" of the 447th Bombardment Group (H). Note that he is wearing not only RAF wings, but the ribbons for the Military Cross, 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, and Victory Medal with Mention In Dispatches oak leaf.

To follow up on this post, I found LTC Beaver on TheAerodrome.com, and his profile can be found here. He scored 19 victories during World War I, and would be awarded a Bronze Star Medal for his service with the 447th. Quite an interesting man!

Jeff C.

USMF Member #2275

Ribbon Group.png

3 minutes ago, patches said:

He's got a WIKI on him. was English born, immigrated to Canada,Canadian Army and later the RFC  in the Great War, immigrated to America after the war, we guess as a member of an Allied Army in the Great War he was allowed to wear his stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Beaver

Thanks, Patches! It seems I posted my update almost at the same time you made your post lol

Jeff C.

USMF Member #2275

Ribbon Group.png