Any Way To Safely Remove Residual Tacky Adhesive From Patches?

AirMechanic

Does anyone know a safe way to remove residual tacky adhesive from the back of military patches? Sometimes I find patches that had been mounted in a frame or scrapbook by using scotch tape on the back, which has left slight residual adhesive that is somewhat sticky to the touch. Ive found this on both WWII and modern patches, which Im only mentioning because I imagine post-WWII patches may be more resilient or have more options for cleaning than WWII cotton based patches. Any ideas?

Wally world sells cheap carb. and brake cleaner, IIRC about $2.00 a can. Cut a 6”x6” piece from an old towel, sparay on towel and gently rub glue, it will come off. This works on Regular cotton patches, unsure on wool or other materials. Important to use very little and take your time.

As a solvent, will that cause any fading or deterioration of the patch material? What about using it on synthetic (merrowed) patches, as I know some chemicals can be very damaging to plastic, nylon, etc. even in small applications?

There's a really neat product out there called Goo Be Gone, or something like that.

It works great taking price labels off the covers of books.

I would test it on a piece of cloth to make sure it does not stain.