Snow flake on a early style wing, looking for feedback.

dskjl

Thank you Bob, looks like we have a winner. I wonder if the us was added at a later date or if the school was picked up by the military as a flight school?

thanks again

Weren't the instructors wings gold to quickly distinguish them from the Air Corps' silver wings? That one you posted looks like gilt had been rubbed away and the US added.

Weren't the instructors wings gold to quickly distinguish them from the Air Corps' silver wings? That one you posted looks like gilt had been rubbed away and the US added.

That’s what I’m thinking, Im wondering if the school was under government contract and maybe graduates received a US pair. I’m not wing guy so maybe one our wing experts can identify and chime in on these.

thanks again Bob.

If I had to guess, I would say that these were probably AMCRAFT wings from original Link dies. There is a pretty good thread here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/325617-new-earlyrare-wings-likely-from-a-wc-link-salesman-board/?hl=%2Blink+%2Bamcraft&do=findComment&comment=2615988

You have to remember that companies like AMCRAFT sold a lot of these type of wings to anyone who wanted one. Sometimes you will find these wings (and variants) being used for various flight schools, trucking companies, patriotic jewelry, personal use, etc.

If I had to guess, I would say that these were probably AMCRAFT wings from original Link dies. There is a pretty good thread here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/325617-new-earlyrare-wings-likely-from-a-wc-link-salesman-board/?hl=%2Blink+%2Bamcraft&do=findComment&comment=2615988

You have to remember that companies like AMCRAFT sold a lot of these type of wings to anyone who wanted one. Sometimes you will find these wings (and variants) being used for various flight schools, trucking companies, patriotic jewelry, personal use, etc.

Great link, thank you.