My New Seat - F-106B Delta Dart AFT Seat

viking73

Hello,

Been while since I've posted anything here. I am still collecting of course :)

Yesterday, I added another ejection seat to my collection. This one is from one of my all-time favorite aircraft, the Convair F-106 Delta Dart. This is the rear/aft/co-pilot seat from F-106B 58-0903. This bird ended her days as a range target at the Goldwater Range in AZ.

After seeing an ad on Craigslist last week, I ended up driving a little over 100 miles to pick this seat up. A deal was struck, and I ended up taking it home. I'm sure I had plenty of strange looks on the drive home on the interstate hahaha :)

post-5482-0-63857300-1572103496_thumb.jpg

post-5482-0-67676200-1572103511_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm always amazed that these seats are still out there for decent (i.e. not crazy!) asking prices...!

Next I'm on the hunt for the correct rigid seat survival kit of the proper model for this seat.

-Derek

post-5482-0-27825000-1572103802_thumb.jpg

post-5482-0-10255500-1572103852_thumb.jpg

Very cool! Having an ejection seat for my war room is my holy grail! This 106 seat is a beauty!

Thanks. I'm making room in my "war room" for this seat even as we speak :) My wife thinks I'm nuts of course, said "where are you going to find room for that"!

This is my third ejection seat. My B-52 seat is my office chair at work and my T-33 seat is in my garage in a sad, half dis-assembled state... :(

-Derek

Nice looking addition Derek...nice way to relax in the evening...

are those armrests or a way to keep the pilot centered during ejection?

Congratulations, nice find. Judging by the AMARC inventory code (AA FN0046), this is 58-0903 at Gila Bend. I found this on the internet. 903 entered AMARC 3 April 1984 and departed to the Goldwater range at Gila Bend 10 November 2003.

post-177309-0-87536800-1572112473_thumb.jpg

Thanks gents. I just used my (borrowed) 2 wheel dolly to get this seat into my war room while the wife went to the store :lol: . I even found a "remove before flight" streamer with the pin to fit. Here is a photo. The MD-1 seat kit isn't correct for this - it doesn't have the portion in the back that goes under the parachute. Notice that the chute it too low. Oh well, it will have to do until I can find the correct one.

I do have the correct lap belt, but the screws holding it to the seat are gone... I think I'll just buy a couple of nuts and screws of the right size at the local hardware store to hold them in place. I am also going to build a wooden riser/stand for it to lift it off the floor some. Maybe cover it with some black fabric and it will be good to go.

Those are not arm rests - I believe that they are guards to protect the arms when the seat is fired. I rotated that into the down/back position as you can see.

I'm really happy to have found this!

-Derek

post-5482-0-53046300-1572112986_thumb.jpg