For the New Collectors- Study, Study, Study !

SKIPH

The staple at top is wrong. The small rivets dont look right (see back) and the rivet backs to metal plate are not consistent with known examples. I wont even touch the leather or logo. There are two nice ones for sale on eBay. Take a look and compare. Just my HO.

ccyooper- Pulled out my 3 Barwood M6s to compare. Every thing still looked ok to me. The only question I would have, which is based on the photos in the ad, are the rivets on the back plate. Mine all look slightly smaller, but again hard to measure next to a pic. Two out of my 3 were a darker leather, the stamps were correct, staples looked good. If a someone has questions, don't buy. But. as always, it's a good idea to look, research, and study, question, and discuss things here. Nothing wrong with getting other eyes on an item. SKIP

Can someone post the pictures for this Barwood? Unfortunately I'm having trouble with eBay right now and I'd hate for this thread to get marginalized without the images.

sactroop- The Barwood is down to the last 25 mins, 13 bids up to $330. All bids are private, first time I have seen that. I have to get one of my grown kids to show me how to post ads again. Sorry I can't help more. SKIP

Wish I could check it out right now. I've only run across one time on eBay when all the bids were private, and it wasn't for a blade related item. I've seen a few funny things on eBay over the years. Don't know enough about how the things work to make much sense about it.

• 2 weeks later...

post-1573-0-98806000-1579459031.jpg

Ebay item 303439261706. What, for me, stood out the most was the difference between the two 'M"s on the guard. The seller, to his benefit, does not state that the knife is a WWII original - only describes the condition. However, he does not give a hint that it may be a reproduction either.

cgutierrez- Great catch! This is an interesting Camillus M3. My observations so far. It has a repro guard(Note: when you place a WW2 guard marked Camillus in you left hand, the stamp is facing you, on a repro, it's not). The handle may have been replaced, it is a double pinned pommel, but the pins were replaced. I will assume the blade is original, but probably refinished, since it is not blue-black, and has no line of white edge. Curious to see others' input. In my opinion this is a combo, original & repro parts. SKIP