opinions on Net

The Rooster

The net. ?

Run of the mill fishing net?

Repro net?

I agree the chinstrap looks odd.

You think the liner might be euro?

I agree with sgtdorango, net looks like a post war British 1/4 inch helmet net to me.

The liner chinstrap does appear to be of European manufacture but I can see nothing in the photo to confirm the liner is a Euro clone.

Are there any markings on the inside of the liner near the crown? These markings will confirm if the liner is US or European.

Thank you kindly everyone. I dont have the helmet yet but Il update this post when I get it.

Thank you.

Thank you on the net info.

I got it today. The liner looks weird.

Its got a symbol in the crown and its says below the symbol in block letters

COGER

or

COGEB

None of the normal printing on the webbing parts. The chin strap is weird.

So Euro? Belgium?

And the steel has no heat marks that I can find. Doublle crimps at the rear that look like McCord crimps

Oh yes... I can see where someone has scratched off the little Belgium flag under the rivet. I also checked the post

on how to tell the difference between euro and us. Should have done the prior.

I got burned. Not terribly but Im working on a refund. The only good thing about this helmet is the net.

ARRRRrrrrgggh!!!!

The Belgians used up the stocks of the 1/4" net post-war, so it's actually the right net for this Belgian helmet.

Right net but for me wrong lid. Seller advertised as a us helmet. Im pretty sure the steel is US. Its got a Korean and Vietnam era Straps

but the liner is def Belgium. Seller gave me a good enough refund so I alls good.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Thank you on the net info.

I got it today. The liner looks weird.

Its got a symbol in the crown and its says below the symbol in block letters

COGER

or

COGEB

None of the normal printing on the webbing parts. The chin strap is weird.

So Euro? Belgium?

And the steel has no heat marks that I can find. Doublle crimps at the rear that look like McCord crimps

COGEBI is a plastics company in Belgium, and they were a contractor for the Belgian army after WWII. I have one of their later liners from the 60s which is made of an injection molded plastic, but their older ones were made the same way as American ones, making them hard to notice in online auctions.