New to Forum

Tmeyer

Hello from Arizona. I joined this site to learn more about topics I have an interest in. Although I am not a collector in any official sense, I do have a few pieces of military items I would be interested in discussing/learning more about. I am currently a high school teacher and an engineer. I have not served in the military but most of my family has, including my father who served aboard the USS St. Paul during the Korean War in Turret 1, Div 1. Anyway, I would like to make a post in the astronaut/pilot wings section soon and share some of the pieces I have. I have a mint set of NS Meyer Astronaut wings for the Air Force and Navy, as well as other mint NS Meyer badges, received directly from NS Meyer about 20 years ago. I have read some of the forums and am dismayed at the level of counterfeits that people generate. Sort of boggles the mind. As it turns out, the items I have came directly from NS Meyer and I still have all the documentation and boxing/packaging to back it up. And they are the silver filled badges. Just curious as to what they could possibly be worth. Just for curiosity sake. Will post soon.

Welcome to the forum! I'm originally from Arizona but relocated to Oklahoma while I was in the Air Force. I lived in Flagstaff from about 67 to 84. I look forward as well to seeing the items you're going to post.

I prepared a lengthy description of the items and will post that, hopefully, later today. Anyway, now that I have the items posted on Photobucket, it might be easier to offer them for sale in other venues. The bottom line is that these represent probably the last runs of authentic NS Meyer badges as they were acquired at around the time NS was going to be sold to Vanguard. They are mint, and totally authentic. That actually is not even debatable.I am the person who was in direct contact with Frances at NS Meyer and they were delivered directly to me. In the write-up, there is explanation as to some irregularities in a couple of badges. Not really sure if I want to sell them though because I like them and I know that getting mint authentic NS Meyer badges really can't be that easy, and it is going to be less easy as time goes on. I also have a WW2 Sterling sub patrol badge, NS Meyer