Need help with identifing some DUI's

billpenn47

I am a garage / estate sale junkie out in the hill country of Texas. I bought a display that had over 30 DUI'S. I was able to identify most of them, but these were more difficult. I am hoping that some of you might be able to help me out. The bottom one i'm not sure is military. Most of the ones I could identify were WW2 era, Any help would be appreciated...

THANKS

Billpost-158746-0-36656600-1571847048_thumb.jpg

PacificGunner

(Left to Right) The first one is the 12th infantry regiment, the second is the 110th infantry regiment, the third looks like the 125th field artillery battalion, and the fourth in line is the 109th engineer battalion.I am unsure of the one on the bottom.

(Left to Right) The first one is the 12th infantry regiment, the second is the 110th infantry regiment, the third looks like the 125th field artillery battalion, and the fourth in line is the 109th engineer battalion.I am unsure of the one on the bottom.

I do appreciate the information.... THANKS pacificgunner

Bill.

The one on the bottom is no DUI but an early Western Germany Bundeswehr collar insignia (Engineer branch). These were worn 1956 - 1957.

The one on the bottom is no DUI but an early Western Germany Bundeswehr collar insignia (Engineer branch). These were worn 1956 - 1957.

Thank you Proud Kraut. I would have never found that out. on my own.

Hey PacificGunner

I found the crest for the 197th coastal artillery, and passed on it because it wasn't an exact match. the 125th looks almost the same. I know there are variations of these things, but don't you think I should be able to find a exact match?

Just to let you know PacificGunner.. I found an exact match to the third DUI. It's for the 556th Field Artillery Regiment.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Bill

PacificGunner

Just to let you know PacificGunner.. I found an exact match to the third DUI. It's for the 556th Field Artillery Regiment.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Bill

Hey PacificGunner

I found the crest for the 197th coastal artillery, and passed on it because it wasn't an exact match. the 125th looks almost the same. I know there are variations of these things, but don't you think I should be able to find a exact match?

Hey Bill no worries, happy to help when i can, sorry I did not see these posts until now, but I have come across different variations of DIs in the past and am still coming across variations I have never seen before. I also find it interesting how some of the DIs appear to be almost exactly similar at first glance, the only difference being a symbol or color pattern. I usually look at the official army DIs and then branch out with the theatre made insignia and try to draw comparisons from there.

Hey Bill no worries, happy to help when i can, sorry I did not see these posts until now, but I have come across different variations of DIs in the past and am still coming across variations I have never seen before. I also find it interesting how some of the DIs appear to be almost exactly similar at first glance, the only difference being a symbol or color pattern. I usually look at the official army DIs and then branch out with the theatre made insignia and try to draw comparisons from there.

I know what you mean. I think it might also have something to do with the maker, and age. Anyway.. I find it fun to try and match up the dui's I find to whats out there on the internet. But it's so much easier when they have words on them....LOL