Old Desert Storm Era Ist Gen Kevlar

The Rooster

Greetings all.

I picked up this helmet this weekend.

Its a 1986 Kevlar. Looks like Army, ( Marines didnt use the elastic band), possibly Desert Storm?

Looks well used.

post-181333-0-38847400-1571631124_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-59512000-1571631131.jpg

Its cool to have one of these. But I hated wearing mine back in the day.

The things were awfull. That brim on the front and the chin straps were the main problem with it.

post-181333-0-33771100-1571631201.jpg

post-181333-0-33493100-1571631219_thumb.jpg

Yes Army, the rank sewn on the front is the clue, it's Army Staff Serngeat, the Marines use a different style

And don't the Marines wear the rank on their covers much if at all.

Does the cover have a tag, Choco Chips were used then I think right, this type coming out a little later

Yes Army, the rank sewn on the front is the clue, it's Army Staff Serngeat, the Marines use a different style

And don't the Marines wear the rank on their covers much if at all.

Does the cover have a tag, Choco Chips were used then I think right, this type coming out a little later

I dont have it yet but will check when it comes in. Looks good and used.

I dont have it yet but will check when it comes in. Looks good and used.

The set up could be from the mid 90s on really, I would imagine the same principle holds for Kevlar Helmets and their covers as WWII-Korean Steel Helmets and Liners do, IE Old reissue issued with newer stuff.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

almost certainly used in OIF or OEF sometime between 2001 and 2006, the sweatband was introduced in 1997, very common to see earlier production helmets retrofitted with the newer suspension and sweatband.

Yep that's DCU vs Choc Chip. OIF and or OEF for sure. And yes I hated this and was very happy when I was able to wear the ACH... Its also common to see these older helmets retrofitted with a chinstrap system that's similar to the current ACH. I have an OIF worn SGT's that has that modification done on it.

VR
​Peg6

as already commented, the helmet in that configuration was used in the early 2000s

the velcro backed leather sweat band didn't come about until the late 90s, prior to that the sweat band was held in by small metal spring clips

Also that helmet is 100% Airborne configuration with neck pad and the strap that comes off the back of the helmet.

Hey thank you !!! I had no idea they used these into the 2000's. Also had no idea it was airborne configured.

I got it from a seller near fort Bragg. It came in a lot with some other stuf including an airborne flag.

I got a riduculously good deal on the whole lot. I bought it for the helmet.

$45.00 for all of it. Seemed like a great deal.

post-181333-0-53842200-1571668590_thumb.jpg

Hey thank you !!! I had no idea they used these into the 2000's. Also had no idea it was airborne configured.

I got it from a seller near fort Bragg. It came in a lot with some other stuf including an airborne flag.

I got a ridiculously good deal on the whole lot. I bought it for the helmet.

$45.00 for all of it. Seemed like a great deal.

Great Haul.

Great Haul.

Thank you Patches...

I like the flag too. Its a real flag.

Per the seller.......

"The last item is an 82nd Airborne and 101st flag. According to the original owner of the flag, it was actually flown at a building (HQ) here on base at Fort Bragg, NC.

"

post-181333-0-74995200-1571705783_thumb.jpg

Thank you Patches...

I like the flag too. Its a real flag.

Per the seller.......

"The last item is an 82nd Airborne and 101st flag. According to the original owner of the flag, it was actually flown at a building (HQ) here on base at Fort Bragg, NC.

"

The Flag would probably be a Post Flag, a special unofficial kinda flag I would imagine. Should not be considered one of the Divisional Flags.

us%5E82ab.gif

Greetings all.

I picked up this helmet this weekend.

Its a 1986 Kevlar. Looks like Army, ( Marines didnt use the elastic band), possibly Desert Storm?

Looks well used.

Great lid. Getting harder and harder to find unmessed with PASGTs from early on in the GWOT.