442nd Go For Broke Purple Heart & Bronze Star certificates Platoon Leader

Bob Hudson

Vista on Friday. He was doing a sale.

Okay he did not tell you about the certificate because he did not know of it: he bought these from someone else just a day or two before his estate sale - that estate sale was not for this soldier's family, but - as often happens - estate sale operators bring in outside stuff to go with what's already in the house. This set sold twice in two days!

I went to that estate sale but the medals and patches were already gone. The next day I coincidently went to the store that sold them to the estate sale operator: they had the certificates, uniforms, and other items.

Here's what was at the estate sale:

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.15.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.16.00 AM.png

One person, who for some reason was awarded Air Force medals. But, he collected some random items along his travels it what it looks like. They're was two more cases of stuff not pictured above.

When I have time today, I'll post his stuff for reference. Before anything is done with it.

Is this from 2 different people?

There seems to be some Army Air Forces connection: I think it may be another family member: I got two vintage flight suits said to be from the same source.

The one certificate provides some nice clues as to how this helmet liner came into his possession:

1a.jpg

2.jpg

5004.jpg

Was this man in the 5th RCT when he flew with the Mosquitos?

No idea, but he trained for the MOS 9301 - Tactical Intelligence Staff Officer - in 1950, so he seemed to have been qualified to be liaison with the Air Force for CAS and other activities.