Hello all, picked this Heart up in a trade and was hoping some of the more knowledgeable Forum collectors can take a look and verify if this indeed is WWII period engraving, and maybe shed light on the hero who was awarded this decoration. William J. Miller seems to be a quite common name, but maybe he might show up on an AGO card. The collector said it came out of the Plattsburgh NY area.

Thank you all for looking and possibly extending your opinions. Sorry for the sideways view, Im still new at this, LOL

Tom

post-6897-0-73957400-1571516754.jpeg

WANTED: Any and all Civil War items relating to the regiments mustered out of Syracuse, NY during the War of the Rebellion, 122nd NY Infantry, 149th NY Infantry and 185th NY INfantry. Anything relating to Colonel/Brig. General Henry A. Barnum.

Also wanted WW1 medals from Solvay, NY and Fayetteville, NY. All e-mails answered.

Member of American Civil War Research Database.

Bigger pics are need for sure...but only two KIAs by that name, one from MN the other from NJ. My guess would be the latter...

post-110-0-68948300-1571517269_thumb.jpg

I will pay top dollar for original WWII items pertaining to:

OSS

OSS Maritime Unit

NCDU

UDT

Scouts and Raiders

FSSF

Thanks a bunch my fellow Forum friend. Had bigger pics but could not upload to the site and I must have shrunk it down too too small, next time I’ll be better. It’s not rocket science, but then again, I’m new technology stupid

I think the New Jersey hero is the better choice because of the Northeast connection.

You guys are the best here for any help and assistance , thanks again,

Tom

WANTED: Any and all Civil War items relating to the regiments mustered out of Syracuse, NY during the War of the Rebellion, 122nd NY Infantry, 149th NY Infantry and 185th NY INfantry. Anything relating to Colonel/Brig. General Henry A. Barnum.

Also wanted WW1 medals from Solvay, NY and Fayetteville, NY. All e-mails answered.

Member of American Civil War Research Database.

This one had been on craigslist in Burlington, VT a while back, and originally came with wings and a gold star pin. I had emailed the seller, but never heard anything back.

post-112103-0-55913500-1571521080_thumb.jpg

Also some Pacific paperwork, but that might've belonged to a different relative.

post-112103-0-63947600-1571521177_thumb.jpg

In memory of Dr. Leo P. Krall, USPHS
USS Uniontown (PF-65)

Interested in uniforms / groupings from Massachusetts and New England veterans

(particularly 26th "Yankee" Division), and original propaganda leaflets from WWI and WWII.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif