KG Luke EGA's

Terry G

I have never seen a KG Luke officer cap ega. Or an enlisted KG Luke of any kind altho I know there is a possible example of those in the Klie book. I've been told by an old time collector that KG Luke did not make cap ega's. Is this correct? Thanks for any thoughts in general on KG Kuke ega's.

Cheers,

Terry

Correct, no cap emblems have ever been discovered, and I imagine they would have turned up by now it they existed

Enlisted collar emblems existed, the continents were simply indented outlined on the globe, vice the officer separately applied ones. Enlisted are much scarcer.

Agree. No known Luke USMC visor hat EGAs. Why? Probably no demand as the overseas cap was the predominent headgeargear down under. My 2-cents. Bobgee

teufelhunde.ret

....Thanks for any thoughts in general on KG Kuke ega's.

In general a distinctive design worthy of a place in any collection, provided you select a pair that are life long mates. The enlisted variant are merely the officer style w/o the applied continents. It’s hard to imagine many are around, as they were purchased and the enlisted collar devices were issued. In any case, there no evidence I’m aware there were any quantities made specifically made or marketed to the troops...