What are the period of these Corporal Stripes?

Frank_Smith

Good morning!

I was out at a garage sale today and ran across these Corporal stripes for a reasonable price. They look earlier than WWII manufacture, but wanted to check in an see what you experts could tell me. Are they 1902 or just an crude version from the WWII period?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Frank

post-316-0-02736500-1571505134_thumb.jpg

post-316-0-72948400-1571505146_thumb.jpg

I always thought these were early, but US made

Early like in the 30s? That's what I was thinking till dersertrat posted the T Ranks, this would make take the type into 1942. I dunno right, when I look at all these they do have a sloppy appearance, something usually indicative of being theater made, but who knows the maker if these are in fact U.S. made.

Here's one more posted by desertrat, this a Sergeants, member tend to think they are U.S., me I dunno.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206221-few-nice-theater-made-patches-i-picked-up-cbi-sgt-stripes/

Then there's these Khaki Twill with Lighter Khaki Twill appliques from India or China, kinda the same construction albeit with different colored twill material.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206221-few-nice-theater-made-patches-i-picked-up-cbi-sgt-stripes/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the information.

I left my card with the person handling the sale and last week I received a phone call this week offering me the veteran's 4-pocket blouse, shirt and some more insignia. The stripes belonged to William C. Gardner of Boyd, Oregon who served in the medical department in the CBI during WWII. While there were felt on felt stripes on the uniform, when I picked up the blouse I was given a second set of twill on twill chevrons. This might give some more credibility to the fact that these style of stripes were made in the CBI.

Given that I had two sets of them, I decided to list one pair of them on eBay (lot number 264516641323) if anyone has an interest.

Thanks again for the help.

Frank

• 7 months later...

All these look remarkably similar to this rank on a Americal Div Tech 4 worn Khaki Shirt up in Japan during occupation (Photo from copper252 he describes them as Japanese Made).

image.png.0d5f7c87aa2642e9f104c0c9f1a9e1a1.png

• 9 months later...

And another sighting of this exact type, the Pacific once again, Master Sergeants, on a Pacific Ocean Areas Khaki Shirt, posted by member Boy Howdy in a small uniform grouping of a Signal Corps Non-com. Unknown if the shirt was worn In Japan occupation period or in theater when war was still going on, if the latter, maybe OZ maybe the source of these too????

thumbs.jpg

• 7 months later...