Price of M-1 Front Seam?

WWII Parachutist

WWII Parachutist

Attention helmet guys, what's the current going rate for a typical, run-of-the-mill front seam M-1 helmet? Either fixed bail or swivel bail? Already have the liner.

Prices vary between fixed bails and swivel, depending on your budget your likely be able to pick up a swivel for much less. I see some of the fixed bail shells brining almost $200 now

It really depends on condition you're looking for. I picked up a front seam swivel bail (early Schlueter that was originally a FB) with mitchell cover for $25 earlier this year. It had been repainted and had a decent sized dent but it was just what I needed for a VN liner.

I also picked up a rough FB with early Westinghouse liner for $90. Paint was really rough and was missing chinstraps but it came with a decent liner.

For a McCord I would expect to pay around $100 for a decent condition fixed bail. Swivel bails should be a cheaper option but it'll be tougher to find a front seam swivel bail seeing as this was a transitional feature.

And of course expect to pay more for a FB Schlueter than a FB McCord.

Watch eBay and wait for the right deal/look at your local surplus stores.

• 2 weeks later...
mccauslandpara1944

Fixed bail helmets are easily going for $150 plus. I still see front seam swivel bales selling for 50 plus, but if there are markings they go for a lot more.