Tomb Sentinel ACU - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

What's the meaning of that January 1970 date there, no way that's his entry date.

DOB possibly? Seems to add up with his OIF service.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

What's the meaning of that January 1970 date there, no way that's his entry date.

When you go to the website and search the number before his, you'll see that his dates are 2007-1970. I have one I got direct from the Vet, and when I look him up, it says that his bad number is unclaimed and has a button to claim it. So it seems as if the person claiming their badge fills out their own information and that '1970' is probably just a filler date that acts as a placeholder. So if a guy is still active duty, he won't fill in that end date, or in the case of this uniform, he didn't fill it in at all.

Perhaps, despite three deployments, he simply did not earn a CIB. He could easily have had staff billets and not been in a line company. The simplest explanation is sometimes the answer.

Funny it just doesn't say Birthdate right ,

True, but there is no place to put a DOB and perhaps he put in there as filler date as mentioned above.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

When I was in during the mid 1980's, we had a SFC in our company who wore his EIB sewn on some shirts and CIB sewn on others. He also switched between his 101st and 173rd combat patches. He said he wore the EIB to show he had earned it --- and also said it was the harder one to get.

When I was in during the mid 1980's, we had a SFC in our company who wore his EIB sewn on some shirts and CIB sewn on others. He also switched between his 101st and 173rd combat patches. He said he wore the EIB to show he had earned it --- and also said it was the harder one to get.

Interesting

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

As a former 11 series, I too saw the EIB considered more coveted than the CIB among hard corps infantry types. Saw more than a few NCO's wear the EIB over their CIB. The EIB course is quite rigorous and with the numerous deployments, finding time to administer the course and be slotted for it can be quite the challenge. In the early OIF days, I saw a couple Bradley crewman returning with the 4th ID to Ft Benning with CIB's. They had had a few small arms bullets bounce of the hull. Most did not know they had been shot at.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Seeking Model 1895 and 1902 Named Officer coats as well as Spanish American War Tropical Uniforms.
Also pre WW2 marine uniforms. Always pre-1945 Colorado National Guard Items wanted! Also seeking Rhodesian

Uniforms and Gear used by Americans in the Rhodesian Security Forces during the Bush War (Africa).

Fortune cookie say: "An expert is someone that knows so much about so little."