Paramarine Portrait

Brig

I have not shared much in awhile, mostly because I have had an incredibly slow year. I think I've only picked up a half dozen pieces in 2019...guess I'm getting very picky these days...

My latest find is a portrait of "Frankie", a Paramarine taken in San Diego. I have wanted to find an original Paramarine studio portrait for a long time, and was fortunate enough to pick this one up. The seller tried to lift the matte up in look of an SSI, it's evident, and I don't believe the Marine is wearing one. Long pin of the wings is visible, and the Marine forgot to button his top button (!!!), but overall, a nice portrait...just thought some members would be interested in viewing, and felt I needed to contribute after such a dry spell

s-l1600.jpg

That's my guess...before he shipped out. I wonder if he made it back unscathed, Paramarines seemed to have a high casualty rate

That's my guess...before he shipped out. I wonder if he made it back unscathed, Paramarines seemed to have a high casualty rate

He could of been one of those just finished with the course when it was halted and it was decided to disband the parachute units and was sent to the 5th Marine Division instead.