Recon patch..? Vietnamese made 1/27th Infantry Scarf and patch

digi-shots

PacificGunner

It's the patch for 1st battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment. Looks Vietnam Vintage to me, do you have a picture of the back?

The Vietnam Wolfhounds have a great website on the Internet. Complete listing of all members of 1st and 2nd Battalion 27th Infantry, 25th division in Vietnam; If you have a name associated with the scarf, he will be listed on the roster. In memory of Ronald A. Cartmell Co. C 2nd Bn 27th Wolfhounds 1966.

Thanks again for the info... I originally was going to take the patch off the scarf but now I think it might be better to leave if on (?)

Any idea of value and should I leave it alone and not remove it?

Thanks again for the info... I originally was going to take the patch off the scarf but now I think it might be better to leave if on (?)

Any idea of value and should I leave it alone and not remove it?

Yes, please keep it together. Having this scarf with the patch sewn on it makes it a much rarer item. Scarves like this are few and far between.

It would be a shame to separate it. You would have no problem selling the scarf as it is. Try to get an ID as to whom it belonged to. Having positive provenance would greatly increase it's value. Dave