WW1 Distinguished Service Cross numbered in unmarked case

The ribbon bar with the wide white stripe is the early (WW1 era) version but the medal is a later version so I would say this is a put together setup. Still some GREAT parts though! But don't feel bad if you break them up into case, medal, ribbon bars.

WANT TO BUY:

Titled case set "U.S. Typhus Commission";

Titled case "Medal for Merit";

ASMIC: 1677

OMSA: 6045

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

thanks! what medals would be correct for this case? I was trying to figure out what the writing on the back of the single ribbon bar stood for.

That Ribbon Bar is a French Made Private Purchase.

"Bte S.G.D.G." is an abbreviation for a typical phrase concerning products from France. "Bte" is short for "breveté" (="patented") and " S.G.D.G." stands for "Sans Garantie Du Gouvernement" (="without government guarantee")

And the DSC is a Reribboned Original Strike Planchet & Ring it appears, with what looks to be a Victory Medal Brooch...

RW

Rich Witt

www.WittWorldWide.com

We are currently working on Updating and Improving the Web Site, so please be patient, and I appreciate all the visits... In the short term this may effect our USMF Images as well. RW

Collecting and Dealing in Quality Original Militaria, Specializing in Named/Attributed/ID'd Medals and Groups, with an emphasis on research.

"Putting the Face to the Name". We Appreciate the Service and Sacrifice, and Preserve the History...