1960s Aggressor Set

on-to-berlin

Here is my latest find. A nice 1960s aggressor set. Helmet is a converted ww2 liner. The whole uniform was meant to have a Soviet style.

36982173sh.jpg

36982175mc.jpg

36982176vo.jpg

The pieces I have seen so far are all dated early 60s. Never saw opfor from the 50s. I think some of the stuff they used in the 50s was black dyed german stuff or US uniforms.

I love opfor items, these are neat. Unluckily my set is missing the belt, but luckily i managed to find an aggressor field jacket at a show here in italy (the pattern with covered buttons). Don't have that style of helmet, i have the soviet style plastic one that attaches to an m1 liner.

I have a set of manuals on Aggressor Forces dated May 1959. The yellow collar tabs denote Tanks, Mechanized, and Cavalry. There is a complicated system of color coded collar tabs and sleeve patches that show branch and unit. There were ranks made form US insignia but used in a different way. They even had campaign ribbons for battles that never happened. The Army went all out on this they had their own language (I think it was Esperanto but not sure), order of battle, even forms. The manual shows some interesting head gear, colored overseas caps and wide brimmed hats that I don't think were ever manufactured. They created a entire fictitious country, Aggressor Nation, complete with political, economic, and social background.

Very nice 60s set. I have several, both missing the belt. The 50s uniforms were over dyed WW2 uniforms. I have an Ike jacket. Manuals started being printed in the late 40s. They really did create their own world for this, language, money, surrender leaflets, etc.

During the Korean War, the Army ran a large training op in Texas. Look up operation longhorn. Also search for the us army big picture. They have film of several different training missions in different episodes.

Interesting part of the Army that hardly anyone even knows existed.

Ed

I found a trunk full of green aggressor uniforms in the attic of a stable where our unit trailers were stored in the Cambrai-Fritch Kassern, Darmstadt, West Germany, in 1971.

Here is a picture of me wearing one of the shirts, taken at 2nd General Hospital. Landstuhl. I wish I had kept some. Green wool.

post-185627-0-98770500-1571101835_thumb.jpg

post-185627-0-32427600-1571101846.jpg

I found a trunk full of green aggressor uniforms in the attic of a stable where our unit trailers were stored in the Cambrai-Fritch Kassern, Darmstadt, West Germany, in 1971.

Here is a picture of me wearing one of the shirts, taken at 2nd General Hospital. Landstuhl. I wish I had kept some. Green wool.

Cool.