Sign in to follow this  
oakleaf777

1930s 91st Coast Artillery Officer Uniform

Just added this one to the collection. 91st Coast Artillery Regiment (Philippine Scouts) 1st Lieutenant's uniform, circa 1930s. Information from the seller about the original owner is that he served in the Philippine Islands in 1935 - 1936. US and branch insignia on lapels are early type clutch-back. Lieutenant's bars and DUIs are pinback. No QM tag, tailor's label, or any markings other than original owners initials. Eyelets at waist indicate there were once belt hooks for a Sam Browne belt.

post-160238-0-16452700-1570738868.jpg

Nice one! Have those same DUI's which I found in a bunker on Corregidor Island. The ones I found were screwback though.

Nice uniform, thank you for sharing.

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

Nice uniform but I believe this is post 30s, or late 30s if that. A majority of the 30s period tunics have the plastic eyelids for the screwback insignia. Also the insignia looks more WW2 period to me

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

According to an obituary I found online of the original owner, he graduated West Point class of 1933, and thereafter served in the Coast Artillery in Virginia, Texas, and Corregidor PI prior to the outbreak of WW II. From what I can tell, the the uniform and insignia appear consistent with the original owners service history