1930s 91st Coast Artillery Officer Uniform

oakleaf777

Just added this one to the collection. 91st Coast Artillery Regiment (Philippine Scouts) 1st Lieutenant's uniform, circa 1930s. Information from the seller about the original owner is that he served in the Philippine Islands in 1935 - 1936. US and branch insignia on lapels are early type clutch-back. Lieutenant's bars and DUIs are pinback. No QM tag, tailor's label, or any markings other than original owners initials. Eyelets at waist indicate there were once belt hooks for a Sam Browne belt.

post-160238-0-16452700-1570738868.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice uniform but I believe this is post 30s, or late 30s if that. A majority of the 30s period tunics have the plastic eyelids for the screwback insignia. Also the insignia looks more WW2 period to me

According to an obituary I found online of the original owner, he graduated West Point class of 1933, and thereafter served in the Coast Artillery in Virginia, Texas, and Corregidor PI prior to the outbreak of WW II. From what I can tell, the the uniform and insignia appear consistent with the original owners service history