Dressing, First Aid Individual Troop Type II Packet

mikie

Hi,

I bought this dressing for 10 bucks at a flea market last weekend and can't find much information on it. It was inside a standard WWII type first aid belt pouch. Markings on the pouch are not readable. The wax coating on the outer box is very dark and doesn't photograph the labeling very well. Any and all information you may have would be appreciated.

Here is the outer box...

post-2687-0-01968100-1570738251_thumb.jpg

I'll follow up with the contents next.

Thanks for looking!

Mikie

Here is what is inside. The outer box is a sleeve that all this tucks into. It tried to pose this so you can see how it all fits together. I'm almost certain I saw something about these on the forum but can't find anything. I for one would welcome the addition of a new medical section on the forum.

post-2687-0-08405100-1570738511_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for looking and for any sage advice you can give me about this.

Mikie

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I have an identical one that came in a 1954 dated pouch. I belive they were first introduced in 1942 because that's when the larger m1942 first aid pouch was introduced, these cardboard box bandages are too large to fit in the m1924 first aid pouch designed for carlisle bandage.

Thanks folks! I located my old camcorder and took a look at the pouch in night mode. The markings were visible but still not readable. But they were in 1950s format. The pouch with dressing were on the same table with a 1960 dated M1956 pack with suspenders, though not attached to them. Wonder if they were all actually used together?

Here is the pouch...

post-2687-0-83381700-1570809645_thumb.jpg

Mikie