Named A11 and B8 set help

36thIDAlex

Hey everyone, I am just starting to get into flight gear and recently picked up my first A11! I was pretty happy to get it for a decent price as it included the helmet, headset, and goggles all straight from the veterans estate. The seller never got the name however “R Nafziger” is written inside along with some numbers which I could not figure out.

So far research has yielded nothing except possibly a Ralph L Nafziger from Oregon who I found an article about saying he was in India. The seller said it came from an estate in southern Michigan, however, so I do not know what to think. Any and all help and opinions are appreciated! I know we got some great researchers out there.

Again, I am brand new to flight gear so any interesting info you can share on this helmet is always welcome. I’m not sure how to read the dates on these yet but the Selby shoe company seemed interesting. The goggles are B8s by Polaroid.

Pretty excited to finally get into the flight gear world, and now all I need is an oxygen mask.

-Alex

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With my flak helmet, if anyone has a decent oxygen mask let me know!

Posted Image

I think you have a great setup. The All and googles look perfect and the M3 flak helmets is a great additon to them. All you need now is a throat mic and A14 O2 mask to finish it up.

Looks awesome. I have an extra large A11 coming. I can't wait to wear it and watch the Cold Blue!!!

.I did a quick check of Nafziger on the 384th site. No there..But there are many more to check!!!!

Semper Fi

Phil