MILITARY COLLECTIBLE SHOW

2000 LeMoyne Ave., (VFW post 3146)
Mattydale, NY (Syracuse area)
November 3, 2019
8:30 am – 2pm
Admission $5 Early bird (7am) $10

There are NO Guns for sale or display at this show
Military Collectibles – swords, medals, patches, headgear,
flags, clothing, historical items, surplus, documents, pictures, etc.

NEW VENDORS WELCOME
$30 6′ table $40 6′ wall table
Call for an application 716-542-9929

https://nfgshows.com/upcoming-shows/

CNY Militaria

Show is a few weeks away!

I'll be set up there with mostly US WWII: Uniforms, Helmets, Insignia, Medals, Paper Groups, Photos, Etc. Usually the first table on the wall as you walk in.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be there with a table full of odds and ends. If your interested in an item I have for sale feel free to reach out and make sure I bring it. Free shipping!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarheelyankee

Hope to see a lot of Forum members from CNY there. I’ll be set up, but Mark is in Oklahoma, he’ll be here with me in April.

I’ve only been twice and that was this spring and fall but not many customers at all. I sold stuff but at dirt cheap prices in my opinion. It was sold out at 70 tables. No pictures unfortunately. For me to travel 2.5 hours I’d say not really worth it but if I was local I would be. I had always heard wonderful things about the show but I’ve been disappointed this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt the crowd was a little light, but then over the past years I've seen the ups and downs at this and other shows. I also am aware at least 3 of my regular Syracuse customers were away. (Can't imagine why someone would go to Hawaii & not Syr.) Selling was a little soft but then that reflects my prices and selection as much as it does the collector/public turn out & wants. I had folks several looking for pre WWI items and even sold some CW items. One dealer had two tables and was almost sold out by noon. The buying was very good for me, finding some items that are not often available at a reasonable price. I also passed up a couple I wish now I had bought.

Small local shows are all finding it tough to survive these days. Gun Laws, liability insurance rates and public perception are all having an effect on our hobby/business. The promoter of this show has even stepped up radio and TV advertising and depends on the door to pay those bills. Be thinking of ways we can support these smaller clubs and promoters or the days may well be numbered that we can enjoy each other's company at these gatherings. Share those ideas with the promoter. Next time maybe he can do some photos as suggested above. Don't forget this event also supports the Mattydale VFW post.

April 4th 2020

Cheers

CNY Militaria

This show in my opinion has always been better for buyers rather than sellers. If you’re attending the show as a dealer looking to make a ton of money, that’s usually not going to happen unless you have great product and below market prices. If you were looking for a nice small one-day show to attend to do some good buying, a little bit of selling, and see collecting friends, then this is the perfect show. It’s a small relaxed atmosphere and little dealer community that sets up twice a year. The public coming in is nice, but in my experience rarely buys more than nickel and dime type stuff. Most buying and selling is done between dealers set up there, and I did see and hear of some very large (expensive) sales at the show Sunday. As far as advertising goes, there really is not anything more that could be done to get more people in the door, as he can’t create military collectors out of nothing. The promoter covers radio, TV, newspaper, online forums, Facebook, word-of-mouth, flyers, email lists, mailings, and more. One would have to live under a rock not to know about the show. Shows have had trouble getting anyone in the doors, look at the MAX show for example. The aisles are usually bare on the public access days.

I will agree that this particular Nov. 3rd show garnered the lowest attendance from the public that I have ever seen; I’m not sure what the explanation for that is, but it’s certainly a fluke that in my 15 years of going to the event I’ve never seen before. But I will suggest that if you are able to make it, continue putting forth the effort to attend. Shows like this won’t succeed without people setting up at them and attending, and driving two and a half hours to get to an all military show nowadays is not a bad drive at all.

I was VERY happy with my results at this show. This was my 5th time attending (from the Boston area - 4.5 hour drive) and I will not miss one. I set a record in sales and found a holy grail piece for my collection (unfortunately for this forum, it was a bad guy item). This show is very dynamic as each event for me has been different. I have completely sold out at 2 shows, bought great at 4 of 5 shows, and spent an entire day trading high-end items for inventory. One of the "slow" shows from a sales perspective allowed me to buy a WWI USMC medal and dog tag grouping that walked in from the local flea market. Mattydale is truly a gem in the rough...

I had a great day and never miss this show, i drive four and a half hours to get there and never regret it, sold alot of stuff and bought and traded for some great items and had some good laughs with collecting buddies....mike