Unknown general's ribbon set

Jamecharles

Hello everyonw, anyone have any idea of which General is he and what medals he is wearing?
When this photo was taken? 1950s or later?

I spotted few of them but I am looking to recognize all the others.

OAK Distinguished Service Cross (Army)

OAK Distinguished Service Medal (U.S. Army)

Distinguished Flying Cross

OAK Legion of Merit

???

???

Army Commendation Medal

??? Not sure Mexican Service Medal (1911-1917)

World War I Victory Medal

American Defense Service Medal

European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal

Army of Occupation Medal

National Defense Service Medal

???

???

Rosette Legion of Honour

Palm Croix de guerre 1939-1945

???

???Rosette & Palm

???

???

???

???

???

???

Thanks in advance

Giancarlo

post-770-0-53431800-1570578078_thumb.jpg

Yes, This is my picture of general Hobart Gay.

All medals and decoration are listed on my site or I think you can search Hobart Gay.

Let me know if that works

4starchris

Hello Chris, I can't find the link can you re post it here?

I asking infos because I believe I own his blue dress Hat.

Gs

Yes, This is my picture of general Hobart Gay.

All medals and decoration are listed on my site or I think you can search Hobart Gay.

Let me know if that works

4starchris

See this, his Carbine.

Hobart Gay

17332702_5.jpg?v=8D086BA2E6C52D0https://www.icollector.com/RARE-EARLY-INLAND-M-1-CARBINE-THAT-BELONGED-TO-FAMOUS-WWII-AND-KOREAN-WAR-LT-GEN-HOBART-R-GAY_i17332702

The biggest difference between the Wikipedia listing and what he's wearing are the foreign awards. Wiki lists the following:

Distinguished Service Order (United Kingdom)
Legion of Honour (Chevalier)
Legion of Honour (Officier)
French Croix de guerre (device(s) unknown)
Order of the White Lion Class II (Czechoslovakia)
Czechoslovakian War Cross
Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation
United Nations Korea Medal
Korean War Service Medal
Sadly, we're trying to sort out the remaining foreign awards with an image the size of a postage stamp, which makes it a difficult endeavor. I couldn't find a better photo online though, and since he was not a USMA grad, his awards aren't listed in the Cullum Register, so that was a bust too.
Getting the image as large as I could, there are at least 11 foreign awards, assuming that the medal after the National Defense Service Medal is the Korean Service Medal (It doesn't look like it, but it SHOULD be...)

That means that the first foreign award is a light color one with a rosette that is backed with a gold or silver piece of bullion ribbon. I'm betting it's the Moroccan Medal of Oussam Alaouite with its rosette (rank of officer, or above).
The next two I believe are French. The first one has a rosette...could that be the French Legion of Honor, Officer version?
The next one appears to have the four vertical lines of the French Croix de Guerre with palm.
On the second to bottom row, the first ribbon is pretty obvious as the DSO from the UK.
The second one in on that row has a rosette backed by another piece of bullion ribbon. Wikipedia would indicate that is the Order of the White Lion, but it doesn't quite look like that? I also don't know if that ribbon is extra long or if there's another ribbon next to it that's extra short. Odd.
The next one is another I can't make out, but it has a palm-ish device on it. And that's followed by another with a rosette...once again, I'm at a loss on that one.
The bottom row starts with what I thought was the Italian Order of War Merit with the sword, but I don't think it is. But then again, I don't know what It is.
Second one in on the bottom row is definitely the Czech War Cross. That's easy.

Next one is, I'm betting, a Soviet award. My hunch is that it's the Order of the Patriotic War, first class.
Final one is the Korean UN ribbon.
So that's my stab at these. Here's a blown up image too...
I've got to think that these awards would follow Patton's geographically. So far, I'm not seeing anything on there from Belgium or Luxembourg, which he should have. So maybe those are the ones that we can't ID?
Dave

Screenshot_36.jpg

Since the Wiki listing was mentioned, here's the graphic of his ribbons, inaccurate or otherwise, and a bit about who Hobart Gay was. Since Gay was still alive when "Patton" was made (as was Bradley) perhaps Gay didn't approve of the movie or the use of his name, so the character BG "Hobart Carver" was based on him. I like that Czech ribbon, for some reason it makes me think of getting a haircut.

post-18406-0-29432700-1570979148_thumb.jpg

Thanks to averyone who helped the members to get a more detailed infos on this really rare and unique photo of blue dress army general!

I have probably get the visor used by this General…. as soon as the visor will be here as soon I will post it here