WWI Uniform: Engineer Corps

Fratlanta

I got this uniform a while ago and was wondering if one of you could help me understand what the C around the "castle" represents on the engineer patch

Also, what's with the yellow "fourragere " on the right shoulder? This is definitively not a french fourragere. Any idea what it could be?

Finally any information about the uniform's former owner, George W Hill Jr, would be appreciated

Thanks

post-160626-0-60518800-1570466926.jpg

post-160626-0-07925400-1570466953.jpg

"C" Company ?

That's what I was thinking too but I was wondering if there was not more to it than that.

Uniforms I have seen online have the company indicated on the collar disc not the shoulder patch.

Also, why having an engineer patch on each arm? Is that something common?

The engineer patch on the right sleeve at the elbow is for a private first class in the engineers.

I believe that is the regimental patch on the upper left shoulder.

Can you post a better pic of the fouraguerre?

The "C" shoulder sleeve insignia is not for a company C. I am not near my references, but if I remember correctly, it's for the AEF higher headquarters for the Corps of Engineers. "C" for Corps, the red castle for Engineers.

I just found a contemporary AEF SSI chart that shows that SSI as the Office of the Chief of Engineers (the AEF chief of engineers I assume).