Rear Admiral Albert S. Snow

MMcollector

Researching and organizing this officer’s service took me several months to put together. The biography presented here is only a short introduction to Admiral Snow’s service. For a fully illustrated & detailed biography please visit my website: http://www.medalmulisha.com/admiral-albert-sydney-snow.html

United States Navy Rear Admiral Albert Sydney Snow saw action as a midshipmen aboard the USS Marblehead during the Civil War, in chase of the Confederate steamers CSS Tallahassee & Florida. He saw action as a Lieutenant in Korea in 1872 while assaulting 5 Korean Forts after being fired upon. Snow commanded important Geological Surveys in Alaska in the 1880’s. He then commanded the USS Badger in The Spanish-American war, during in which the U.S.S. Badger took three Spanish vessels as war prizes when they were intercepted off coast of Puerto Rico. Admiral Snow was friends with some of the Navy’s top brass including Admiral George Dewey. The Admiral was retired for age in 1907, but Washington D.C. has other plans and recalled him out of retirement during WWI to served as the President of the Court Martial Court. Admiral Snow served in the United States Navy for 3 wars, totaling 50 years of active service over a 60 year timespan. He served aboard more than 20 vessels in his career with over 20 years at sea, & another 30 years on land Commanding many Naval Yards. Arguably one of the most impressive & long Naval Careers in history.

post-134470-0-41917000-1570345954_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

simply amazing that groups like this still exist, congratulations and how much would you like for this historic group? i have recently give one arm and one leg, for a lesser group, but have two perfectly healthy left to barter with.

post-134470-0-13157200-1571444568_thumb.png

One of the 2 ribbon bars that belonged to Admiral Snow. The Victory is a single ribbon bar that I lined up with with the 2 place Civil War & Spanish Campaign bar.