Humidity in spare bedroom with bathroom?

avigo

Hi guys. Sort of odd question.

We just moved and our apartment has a spare bedroom that I was planning to use as a man/cave display room for my collection (a wide array of militaria)

The bedroom has a bathroom that I will probably use to shower in daily.

I have a display case right outside the bathroom door in the room.

Is there any concern for humidity issues with the display case (or the room as a whole) if I take a shower in that bathroom?

Thanks

I would not think so, unless you are lavishing in a piping hot steam shower for extended periods, with no vent, etc. If you are concerned, stick a hygrometer next to the case, and see if / how it changes as a result of showering.

As long as you have a ventilation fan in the bathroom you should be fine. Youd have to be taking long showers to get enough moisture to damage stuff and it would have to be repeated. You should be fine

I do have a fan in the bathroom. Hygrometer seems to show humidity goes up a couple of percent outside the door after taking a shower. Is that enough to worry about once a day maximum? Goes back to normal humidity after a few minutes

I do have a fan in the bathroom. Hygrometer seems to show humidity goes up a couple of percent outside the door after taking a shower. Is that enough to worry about once a day maximum? Goes back to normal humidity after a few minutes

Whats the range? How high is the reading and for how long?

Whats the range? How high is the reading and for how long?

Normal is at about 46%. Goes up to about 48/49% for maybe 10 minutes

Normal is at about 46%. Goes up to about 48/49% for maybe 10 minutes

That's negligible, I wouldn't worry.