Modern Era Flak Jackets/Vests

I had a call from a friend who knows a guy locally that served in the middle east for the past 30 years. He had a "bunch of his old stuff" he was getting rid of. I took a ride over. Thought I'd share a few pictures of the first few boxes I picked up. Modern day stuff isn't my "cup of tea" but I do like "cool stuff" when I see it. The gentleman was/is a real life Jack Ryan. Interesting note about this part of the country is that a number of ex-military and former 3 letter outfit types retire here. I can't figure out what the 6 bagged items are used for. I am assuming that they are a form of cooling system. I couldn't find an example on line (but then again I didn't look very long and they could be nothing). The Flak vests do have their heavy plates. Anyway, thought I would share these here in the event anyone had any interest seeing them.

Thanks for looking!

TH1

post-216099-0-60291200-1569721362.png

post-216099-0-05550800-1569721380.png

Collector of WWI US Navy "Donald Duck" Caps and Hat Tallies - Looking for Tallies from the USS Carp & USS Chauncey

A couple more pictures. I will post some of the helmets and other items (including NATO flak jackets and so forth) over the next couple days if there is any interest in these. As a side note, the bagged jackets are labeled "Mist'n Go" and have a hat, neck wrap and silicone gel bags.

Thanks again!

TH1

post-216099-0-46646700-1569722166.png

post-216099-0-00727500-1569722198.png

Collector of WWI US Navy "Donald Duck" Caps and Hat Tallies - Looking for Tallies from the USS Carp & USS Chauncey