RIA 1911 pouch with eagle snap

mrhell

Here's one of my recent finds while vacationing. Dated 1913, this R.I.A. pouch caught my attention and was a "must have". Leather is very plyable and in excellent condition with the exception of two minor tears by the eagle snap. I usually don't collect items this early and would like to ask for information on its approximate value. Also, was this an officers pouch I assume? The eagle snap closed the deal for me as I understand gear with such snaps are rarer? Thank you for any information you can provide.

1911a.jpg

1911b.jpg

1911c.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Most "things" that have eagle snaps are more desirable. As far as who used it, I'm not sure. By WWII, only MPs or those on garrison/guard duty would use leather pouches like this.

Nice find anyway!

Rob

Most "things" that have eagle snaps are more desirable. As far as who used it, I'm not sure. By WWII, only MPs or those on garrison/guard duty would use leather pouches like this.

Nice find anyway!

Rob

The leather clip pouch was used with the leather garrison belt when not in the field by anyone armed with the M1911 .45 auto pistol. The rimless snap is earlier than the rimmed version. I sold one like this about 10 years ago for $100. I have no idea what they are worth today.

Retired