Patch ID Help.ID Army Air Defense Command

Scarecrow

This patch is on an overcoat dated 1953. The coat was given to me by a family friend. Her husband served before they were married so she is unsure of his dates of service and in which units he may have served. Can someone Id this patch for me? I'm pretty certain its not valuable but would like to know what unit it represents. I would like to pass that along to his widow. Many thanks.

post-23999-0-20131100-1569629339.jpg

The dates of wear given by IvyDiv, is important to know, as member may believe that because it is on 1953 dated overcoat that somehow he came in in 1953-54. As pointed out the shoulder patch came out in 1958, so your man was in the Army around or after that date, and this uniform item, the OD Overcoat first came out in 1947 and was in continuous manufacture and issue till around 1967 when it was superseded by the two new models, the Green Overcoat and the Green Raincoat

Jason T, Patches and Ivydiv, thank you all for your replies and great information. I believe this man's service was late 50's early 60's just wasn't sure. I think his widow will be happy for this information. Gotta love this Forum!