USAREUR Armband GTAG with West German and US flags

all-bull

Hello all,

Picked this up recently and don't know anything about it. I am thinking it could be some sort of Labor Service item in Occupied Germany, but I have no idea. It is machine stiched on the wool armband. Would love any help you guys can give us!

post-2063-1230920072.jpg

A put-together of two pictures I received from my friend CaptCav yesterday showing these armband worn by U.S. military personnell training the first Bundeswehr Officer candidates in 1956. Your brassard is a great piece of history, I would love to find one! thumbsup.gif

Lars

GTAG.jpg

• 9 years later...

I have one of these arm bands.. I was part of an advisory group to the west gErman Army in 1956.. The US had supplied Germany with M47 tanks as part of a NATO agreement, and we were there to train the military on use and maintenance of these vehicles.. We arrived in January of 1956 prior to the official forming of the new Army in July 1956, and remained there in Munsterlager, Germany the remainder of the year.. A great experience. We traveled to several installations throughout northern Germany, and these arm bands were required to be worn whenever we were present on any of the bases..

Hollis Hutchinson, Anderson, SC [email protected]

Proud Kraut

I have one of these arm bands.. I was part of an advisory group to the west gErman Army in 1956.. The US had supplied Germany with M47 tanks as part of a NATO agreement, and we were there to train the military on use and maintenance of these vehicles.. We arrived in January of 1956 prior to the official forming of the new Army in July 1956, and remained there in Munsterlager, Germany the remainder of the year.. A great experience. We traveled to several installations throughout northern Germany, and these arm bands were required to be worn whenever we were present on any of the bases..

Hollis Hutchinson, Anderson, SC [email protected]

Sir, I have sent you an email.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...