Help Identifying stickers on M1. Real or Re-enactor?

The Rooster

Greetings all. Ive seen a couple lids like this one with these stickers on them.

My question to you all is are these real? Did they use stickers in this manner or is this something added by someone

Re-Enactor etc etc.

Thank you.

Rooster.

post-181333-0-99861200-1569540040_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-98071500-1569540091_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the info.

So, would it be fair to say this a ww2 produced rear seam with a ww2 liner that was rewebbed in the green webbing possibly for

Korea? And the stickers are 60's 70's 80's ?

What makes you thi k it was rewebbed?

I thought the liners with the hole in the front were ww2 liners and that it must have had the tan webbing?

And was at some point re webbed with the green? Im in no way sure though.. Dont have it in hand. Dont know what make the liner is.

Just assuming... lol Due to the hole and the color of the webbing... Not sure if thats right about the hole signifying ww2.

I thought the liners with the hole in the front were ww2 liners and that it must have had the tan webbing?

And was at some point re webbed with the green?

In 1951 liners start to be made once again because of Korea, now they used OD HBT webbing with the suspension as well as the sweatband and nape strap.

In 1951 liners start to be made once again because of Korea, now they used OD HBT webbing with the suspension as well as the sweatband and nape strap.

Thank you.

Did they loose the hole in the front at that time? or was it later?

Thank you.

Did they loose the hole in the front at that time? or was it later?

Later in the Mid-sh 50s, no front grommet. Still don't no why the had a redesign of it, cause they used the same suspension system, now they used OD Webb, ditto with the nape straps and sweatbands. As a reminder, after the issuance of the two new designs, all three styles, WWII Khaki HBT, the OD HBT, and the OD Web liners were used at the same time, as the years went on usually with the most recent type of parts, the OD Web.

Examples of the OD HBT Nape straps.

Patches, I was hopng you would know the time frame they used the stickers that are on this Helmet?

Before I posted it, I thought it might be something someone just added the stickers on, but our other members say its the real McCoy.

I figured you would know the time frame.

So from what you are saying, this is prob not rewebbed. Its a Korean era + Liner...

Those stickers though...... Kinda weird because you wouldnt think they would hold up in the rain etc etc.

Patches, I was hopng you would know the time frame they used the stickers that are on this Helmet?

Before I posted it, I thought it might be something someone just added the stickers on, but our other members say its the real McCoy.

I figured you would know the time frame.

So from what you are saying, this is prob not rewebbed. Its a Korean era + Liner...

Those stickers though...... Kinda weird because you wouldnt think they would hold up in the rain etc etc.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/188356-korean-war-nape-strap/

The liner is trashed inside right, the MP looks like tape on the front, has seen lots of exposure, we see discoloration, and peeling, but the decals on the side are not, so it's possible the decals are not original to it, same with the shell.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Later in the Mid-sh 50s, no front grommet. Still don't no why the had a redesign of it, cause they used the same suspension system, now they used OD Webb, ditto with the nape straps and sweatbands. As a reminder, after the issuance of the two new designs, all three styles, WWII Khaki HBT, the OD HBT, and the OD Web liners were used at the same time, as the years went on usually with the most recent type of parts, the OD Web.

I believe they deleted the grommet in 1955 when they made the liners 1/2 inch shorter for "Low Dome" helmets.

This is only a guess, but I assume at that point they decided the insignia eyelet was unnecessary and decided not to add it to the new liner.

I believe they deleted the grommet in 1955 when they made the liners 1/2 inch shorter for "Low Dome" helmets.

This is only a guess, but I assume at that point they decided the insignia eyelet was unnecessary and decided not to add it to the new liner.

Hmm, well shot themselves in the foot on that one right, cause now Officers and EMs just puched holes in the front to wear those metal ranks that were in vogue in the 50s and 60s LOL

post-60620-0-07751800-1396908718.jpgpost-8022-1348858967.jpg

MP Shells and liners usually have a colored Band around them right, a Gap on the sides to accommodate the unit number and or unit decal.

Like this one. As an example.

So I am guessing that the stickers on the original helmet in this post, were added by someone maybe to sell it easier?

Were these stickers not worn? I can see what you mean by the age of the MP on the front of the liner and the cleanliness of the side stickers/.

So ... Re enactor... or someone trying to help their sale?? Or ????

So were the 501 and 1st armored stickers actually used back in the day?

post-181333-0-95033000-1569641755_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

post-153751-0-82382100-1569646525_thumb.gif

Members of the 501st MP Company, 720th MP Battalion Task Force ECHO train for riot control in their cantonment in Oxford, Mississippi during the civil rights unrest from 1 to 21 October, 1962.

Great photo, cap, I wish it was clearer., can't seem to make out if there's a band on the helmets.

Curious though as the 501st MP Company wasn't a unit assigned to the 730th MP Battalion, seems it was only attached for this mission, along with elmts of the 2nd Armd Div's 502nd MP Company.

Photo B0087-7 of 9: Members of the 501st MP Company, 720th MP Battalion Task Force ECHO train for riot control in their cantonment in Oxford, Mississippi during the civil rights unrest from 1 to 21 October, 1962.

The deployment of 720th MP Battalion Task Force ECHO and its subordinate units served in Oxford from 1 to 21 October 1962. The photographs in this series show members of the 720th Military Police Battalion’s Task Force ECHO comprised of HQ Detachment, Headquarters & Headquarters Company, Alpha, Bravo and Charlie Company, and subordinate unit elements from the 501st (1st Armored Division) and 502nd (2nd Armored Division) MP Companies, 47th Medical Battalion (2nd Armored Division), elements of the 501st Military Intelligence Detachment and members of the Fort Hood Post Information Office. Courtesy of The Armored Sentinel Newspaper, (Temple, Texas) Vol. 20, No. 28, 19 October 1962.

1600 hours, the 720th MP Battalion, designated as Task Force ECHO, prepared to depart Fort Hood for Oxford, Mississippi with the 501st MP Company, two squads of the 502nd MP Company, 47th Medical Battalion from the 2nd Armored Division, elements of the 501st Military Intelligence Detachment and members of the Fort Hood Post Information Office.

Checked the 1969 1st Armd Div yearbook, as of that year, MP liners are high gloss with Red Band. Perhaps this without the band was early 60s??? I guess it's the brightness of the 1st Armd Decal that throws it off.