Bullion 45th Div/180th regt patch on eBay

mortaydc60

vintageproductions

Mort- Here is what my problem is, everyone shredded this piece without actually seeing it. All that was shown was a horrible photo. But no if, and's or buts this was labeled a Pakistani reproduction. We can blame the seller for being a bad photographer, but now I wonder how many more of his pieces are real but because of what was posted here, sold for pennies like they were common fakes.

There have been many times on the forum that real patches have been classified fakes and are then forever "tarnished" because of some knee jerk reactions here.

Mort, you as a seller should understand this esp., how would you feel if someone said a piece(s) of yours were copies, and then everyone jumped on board and agreed. Your patches would have the stigma of being fake, even though you know better.

I posted my above post so that others may think a little harder and ask for more photos before a piece is deemed a fake, esp. a piece that has never been seen before.

Bob agree with you 100% percent but we have to go with what we are shown and from what we were shown it looked like a Paki made back.If a piece is deemed a fake here and then proven real we all have learned something which we all can put in our memory banks.I still think it is the posters job to provide good clear photos front and rear of insignia when asking for opinions.If the poster can not provide those clear photos this will keep happening time and again.If I had to do it over again with the same info we were given I would state the same thing again.I will admit I was so stuck on Italian made that I never thought of German made.Congrats on a great looking Non Pakistani made 45th.Scotty

I want to thank all of you who gave their opinions, pro and con, on this patch and that is the purpose of the forum. Once I got my hands on the patch I was hard pressed to call it a repro as it just felt good and the craftsman on the patch was top notch. I was fortunate enough to have Bob and Ron take it for a spin around the block at the Mesa Show and they both made the statement "no way in hell is this a fake". Now I have another great 45th patch to add to my collection and I am glad I went along with my gut.

Mason