Luxenberg Bombardier - Opinions please?

usmce4

I've been wanting one of these since I started collecting about 6-8 months ago and I finally took the plunge. From everything I've learned so far it appears good to me but I'd love to get an expert opinion just to put my mind at rest.

Can anyone give me thumbs up or down? --- it's exactly 2.06" x .71"

Thanks in advance,

Art

post-168413-0-83597800-1569444995_thumb.jpg

post-168413-0-76168900-1569444997_thumb.jpg

It is my humble opinion that the wing in question is an original, though the first series of photos make the back look rather muddy which would give most collectors plenty of room for concern. When you compare the wing that started the thread to the wing on Bob's awesome site (the link supplied by rooster77 takes you right to the Lux example), you can see that they are rather similar. The "dings" on the back side of the wing are consistent with other wings that show scratches and dents to the dies for the back side of the wing. I find it interesting that the Lux dies would show the same type of damage that you see on AE Company dies.

Allan

My only Luxenberg 2" Bombardier is the "type-2" Blackinton version so I can't compare the reverse finish or width to yours. My 3" "type-1" looks as rough on the back as your 2" and I think yours looks good.

Thanks for all the help - I appreciate it.

Just in case anybody else comes up with a 2" Luxenberg Bombardier they need to verify, the one Bob has on his site is a 3-inch - totally different dies.

Here are some good quality pics I found of a 2" Luxenberg Air Crew that helped me. The hallmark is identical to the hallmark on my Bombardier, and the Air Crew one even has the same weakness of detail in the right wing my Bombardier has. Bob DOES have a 2 inch Air Crew Luxenberg on his site, but the pictures are a bit to dark to compare to.

Thanks again, Art

post-168413-0-86953800-1569788165.jpg

post-168413-0-01576400-1569788197.jpg