Jungle boots Beo Gam

toitoine66

Hello folks

This is not the first time I see this kinds of Jungle boots with Beo Gam camouflage, did this is a civil post vietnam production or something from the 80's ? or did this could be a military product ?

s-l16018.jpg
s-l16019.jpg
s-l16020.jpg
s-l16021.jpg

The soles are Vibram like the Vietnam war Jungle boots

I've seen soldiers in the ROK army wear them. I can't say whether they are issue or private purchase as I recall see jungle boots with the plain OD panels being worn at the same time.

Allan

Awful boots ...... awful .... awful. These were on sale here in the UK 2 pairs for £10+ £3.99 p&p ( shows you quality ) from Silvermans of London. I was constantly getting static shocks from wearing them when touching anything metal or electric , after 3 weeks of wear the tacks holding sole to rubber pipped through and tore my heel to bits. The same boot also comes in Panama soles.

• 2 weeks later...

In concur, Korean. They sold those in the PX in Korea when I was there (91-92.) Not authorized for wear in uniform at least in a garrison environment, in the field you might be able to get away with it.

The local boot sellers offered an interesting variety of boots. You could get green "jungle" boots with speed laces and cap toes (like a jump boot), Boots with zippers, all black jungle boots (before the Army started issuing all-black jungle boots), different soles, etc. You could pretty much get whatever you wanted made to order. Of course, you may or may not be allowed to wear them in uniform but that's not the seller's problem.

The same sellers also sold "fake goretex" jackets. These were nylon jackets that were "cut" like an ECWCS goretex parka but made out of much cheaper material (at that time a goretex parka was around $160 at the Military Clothing Sales stores) and the Army as a whole hadn't started issuing the ECWCS uniforms to conventional units, only "special" units got them.

You could always spot the fake goretex because the BDU pattern material was made very cheaply and would fade badly after repeated washings and exposure to sunlight. I saw a few officers wear them around but most enlisted guys would not be allowed to wear one of them (not that most enlisted guys would buy one - the fake goretex seemed to be mostly bought by officers who wanted to look "different" but didn't want to spend the $$ for a real Goretex.)

By late 1991 the Army was issuing ECWCS parkas to everyone in Korea so the "fake goretex" market faded away.

• 7 months later...
Double_Canister
On 9/24/2019 at 8:26 AM, toitoine66 said:

Thanks guys for you replies

If somebody have picture of thoses boots on a ROK soldier I would love to see that :)

A.S.

image.png.548b02761d715bd5084f73c131a3514b.png

1980s ROK Marine. I believe these might have been private purchase. As far as I am aware, the standard boots of the time were black suede boots

• 2 weeks later...
toitoine66
On 5/24/2020 at 9:14 PM, Double_Canister said:

1980s ROK Marine. I believe these might have been private purchase. As far as I am aware, the standard boots of the time were black suede boots

Hey thanks for the pic :)