M14 Magazines and Pouches - Vietnam Era

MasonK

Hi All,

I snagged this little lot of Vietnam era M14 mags and pouches at a local junk shop with the intention of reselling. After some research, appears these are being reproduced with false markings.

Two of the magazines are marked OM, for Winchester (Olin-Matheson)

One is marked HR-R, for Harrington and Richardson

One marked R, also for Harrington and Richardson

Last one is unmarked

Can someone help to, or guide me in the right direction to confirm these are Vietnam era?

All of the M56 pouches are early 60's dated as is the M14 mag pouch. One pouch is filled with M1 clips.

Photos below. Thanks in advance!

post-29885-0-55859700-1569276305_thumb.jpg

IMO, $15-20 each for the pouches, $2 each for the enblocs (unless you have an uncommon one), The OM marked magazines are likely worth $30-50 each. The HR-R might go a bit more as they seem to be more uncommon. Not sure about the magazine with the underlined R, I've not seen that one before. If you Google M14 magazine ID guide, you'll find one made by Different. That will allow you to ID your magazines as real vs. repro. Much of it is based on the number of welds on the front seam and the rear tab.

It is not hard at all to find GI M14 magazines at shops and shows for $20 or less. The prices I listed above are for a collector seeking those specific markings.