Helmet I came across recently

Gerradtgrant

In my recent travels I came across this helmet and have zero zilch knowledge on this. I do read threads on them here from time. They seem like a landmine and I collect enough landmines currently. Wouldn't mind picking up one some day. The point of this thread is to A learn a little and B if it's good and any of you helmet guys would like to own it I can facilitate the sale for you. Hate to see this kind of stuff end up in the landfill.

Any help you could provide about the helmet is greatly appreciated. I would love to learn something new.

Gerrad Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It is a Vietnam era helmet with what may be a ww2/Korean war liner. Interestingly it seems as if it had been a MP helmet previously. It looks as if you can see the outline of an MP sticker on the front and the red and white stripes that are showing would support that. It could be a neat restoration project if you wanted to.

And to be clear by facilitate I don't mean for profit. Just be the middle man. Again I hate to know what happens to this kind of stuff if we as a community don't cherish our countries history and Patriots.

It is a Vietnam era helmet with what may be a ww2/Korean war liner. Interestingly it seems as if it had been a MP helmet previously.  It looks as if you can see the outline of an MP sticker on the front and the red and white stripes that are showing would support that. It could be a neat restoration project if you wanted to.

Not out of the realm of possibilities. Though time is precious with two young children. So this is a mismatched helmet wierd, as this and one other item were the only military items in sight. I saw that there wasn't a heat stamp number in the helmet which led me to believe later construction from what I did read. But, again I am a novice.

And to be clear by facilitate I don't mean for profit.

If you are donating it, I'l take it !

Ditto to to all Ray said. Nam Straps.Manganese rim . could be repurposed earlier pot. WW2 liner. The dents can be knocked out quite well with the large end of

a wooden baseball bat. I wouldnt restore it my opinion. Nice cover.

Whats the webbing look like.

I'l take it if you are giving it away???

lol I would not give it away !!!

To a friend.. Yes.

Nice Helmet !!

Webbing pics please.

Miss matched is quite common. Even in the service back in the day... n the 1980's you might be issued a ww2

stell pot, straps and all and a Vietnam 1970's 1980's era liner. And the guys would cut off the straps and attach the new issued ones.

Some 22 million steel pots were made during ww2 alone.

Mix andmatch is very common. To have one that came from a veteran complete say from ww2 bonafide.... Those are the expensive ones

With two young kids to raise... Put it up for sale on the forum. Someone might really like it. I like it.

If you could please post some pics of the webbing inside the liner.

And to be clear by facilitate I don't mean for profit.

If you are donating it, I'l take it !

Ditto to to all Ray said.  Nam Straps.Manganese rim . could be repurposed earlier pot. WW2 liner. The dents can be knocked out quite well with the large end of

a wooden baseball bat. I wouldnt restore it my opinion. Nice cover.

Whats the webbing look like.

I'l take it if you are giving it away???

lol I would not give it away !!!

To a friend.. Yes.

Nice Helmet !!

Webbing pics please.

Miss matched is quite common. Even in the service back in the day... n the 1980's you might be issued a ww2

stell pot, straps and all and a Vietnam 1970's 1980's era liner. And the guys would cut off the straps and attach the new issued ones.

Some 22 million steel pots were made during ww2 alone.

Mix andmatch is very common. To have one that came from a veteran complete say from ww2 bonafide.... Those are the expensive ones

With two young kids to raise... Put it up for sale on the forum. Someone might really like it. I like it.

If you could please post some pics of the webbing inside the liner.

Thank you for the quick education. I do not own the helmet. Came across it and told the gentleman I would see what I could find out about it. Tough to toss money at something I have zero knowledge on. When I have gotten burned in the past I "thought" I knew what I was doing. Lol!!! This is all the pictures I took ok the helmet. The guy was on his way out the door.

Are the two snaps on the inside liner, above ears, for a leather chinstrap? I am not a helmet guy but trying to learn...at first I thought airborne, but obviously not.