YOUR OPINION

Sergesquadron

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-US-FIXED-bail-M-1941-1st-pat-M-1-STEEL-HELMET-w-Type-IB-OD3-CHINSTRAPS/202780206538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I’m not liking the straps.

Straps look fresh

Buckles look used

Two different color stitching on the straps

I may be wrong and hope to be corrected if so.

Marty

Looks fine to me.

As far as the insignia, read the description fully as the seller clearly states, "-has postwar YELLOW 2nd LT rank bar....doesn't look WW2....prpbly Vietnam War era?.....don't think its a re-enactor job--since NO ugly leadership strip on rear!"

possibly early Vietnam war era use, the straps almost look like they could have been professionally added later by collector / seller to add value

the fading wear looks too even, the buckles look aged, but not from real use, more of a patina

Im always suspicious when a helmet comes from a seller that sells a lot of helmets

Front seam fixed. I agree straps look kinda fresh and the butter bar.. I'd be happier with it if that wasnt there.

Its got no liner and at $117.00 where its at right now... Iwouldnt want to pay much more than that. Thats me.

And I just shipped a helmet today and $25.50 is the most expensive way to ship. Should be around 15 -20 bucks depending on insurance you buy.

Personally, I'd pass.

Ive met the seller in person and have seen his collection. Ive purchased his helmets and I can tell you the chinstraps are original.

Yeah theres nothing wrong with those straps.

Ronnie

I would agree. For me looking at the pictures on EBay the straps looked really fresh but post here I can see wear. Thanks guys for the correction.

Marty