Questions about Sarco mortar kits

Vpep

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the 60mm mortar kits by the company Sarco in Pennsylvania? They include a base plate, tube and cap. They unfortunately do not give any information in the description about the origins of the base plate, when it was made or even if its American. Id love to here from anyone who has ever dealt with them or bought one of these kits. Look forward to hearing your responses.

Thanks Vic

Kaptainssurplus

I would be very cautious buying from sarco, they have been very deceivous on many of there items. Descriptions that are vague purposely so you think an item is real when it is in fact a replica and even made up stories to sell items. Also many times same thing with condition, they say great condition and pictures look good then you get a bad condition kit, it's a bait and switch. Also I have experienced terrible packaging jobs, in which items have either fallen out or got damaged in transit. On the M2 60mm kit, I would bet the base plate isn't a real M2 plate, either from some other mortar or replica.

US Victory Museum

Pick up the phone and call them. Ask for Cholley. Nobody on this forum can give a more authoritative answer

than the proverbial "horse's mouth."

They include a base plate, tube and cap.

That doesn't sound right. An un-demilled cap and tube could constitute an unregistered destructive device

under the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Title II). An intact cap (receiver) would still transfer as a Title I firearm (ATF 4473).

What are your ambitions? Are you looking to put together a display dummy, or are you looking to submit an ATF Form I

to make (and register) a destructive device?

Dig through the USMForum archives and you'll see a post I made (~10 years ago). I have a Title II registered

(operational) 60mm mortar. I use roughly 35.0 grains of WIN 231 smokeless powder and have loads of fun playing

with my little "toy." If you'll pardon the pun, it's a blast.

Thanks for the opinion. I was a little leery of their description which was basically non existent. I guess it’s one of those “you get what you pay for” type situations.

Thanks for the info, Im just looking for a display piece, not something functional. They are offering what looks to be an original base plate, and a newly manufactured tube and base cap. Then Id have to find a proper bipod and accessories, which is fine for me because Im on a budget and in no hurry to put it together. I will give them a call. I live a few hours away so it may be worth while to pay them a visit.