Sign in to follow this  
Bill_Carman

331st DUIs Need Opinions

These DUIs are currently on ebay, and I would appreciate any comments about them. I have not seen a backing like the ones on these, and the blue field appears a bit green. Has anyone else come across any like these before?

BTW I am looking for a couple of wartime period 331st Infantry Regiment DUIs . But any advice regarding these two is very welcome.

thanks

post-140407-0-44835300-1568265012_thumb.jpg

post-140407-0-37263200-1568265021_thumb.jpg

- Looking For USMC "Rim Numbered" GCM 26922 & USMC Yangtze Service Medal MNo1086 -

- Looking for Attributed -

US Campaign Medal Groups - Army or USMC

WW 1 Silver Star & Purple Heart Medal Groups and WW 1 Groups with Mexican Campaign Medal or Mexican Border Service Medal

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

The back post are different but I wouldnt say bad. The set looks good to me. I havent seen repro crest this high quality

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

I agree that they look fine, from the picture they appear painted maybe they are theater made? Just a guess going off the construction which does not seem like any US made screw backs I have seen. If that's true then it might explain the color if the paint has faded over time or dried weird to produce more of a green color.

donation2019.gif

The nuts on those almost look like USMC EG&A retaining nuts. I also believe these to be theater made during the WWII era.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

I have a set of DI's with the same posts. They are German made Occupation period I think Dave