Want to assemble a document package for a Vietnam Honor Flight.

mmerc20

My father in law is heading to DC for a Vietnam Vet honor flight and the organizer is requesting letters for a "mail call" on the return flight. I wanted to make it unique and was thinking of assembling a memory lane sort of envelope but I am actually at a loss what to include.

Besides Vietnamese money, I don't know what sort of papers would help him reminisce about his time. He was there, I believe in 70-71 (I could be wrong) with the 213th helicopter company as a chinook flight engineer but was wondering what sort of pamphlets, documents, flyers, etc just about every soldier would see during their time in Vietnam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I only have a week and a half to get this together

Thanks so much,

Mike

Nice idea I actually didn't think of MPCs. So far, I'm going to reprint these with his info on some of them:

Liberty pass card (DD Form 345)

M16 Rifle maintenance card (GTS 21-1-3)

Meal card (DD Form 714)

Front cover of a UH-47A manual

C Ration Marlboro pack

Military airlift ticket

Letters from family ,Playboy , Chu hoi papers. matches , toilet paper. Any water flavoring ice tea, tang etc the smell of jet A . Smell of latrine odor, mildew odor , dead fish water buffalo stink no air conditioning a P38 can opener , C ration coffee or pound cake and for good measure a pint of Jack Daniels. Mike Delta Co 87th Inf. Da Nang 72

I will be sure to do that. He did 2 tours. May 70-Jun 71 and Jul 71 to Dec 71 and reassigned to a place back in the states after that.

I will share what I have assembled once it's all done. I'm doing some photoshop on scans of original documents and I think it will look pretty cool.